Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Conforto coming out of his long slump. Here's to a strong last 60 games.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Michael Conforto Hits the Ball Everywhere
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/micha...ll-everywhere/

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/lets-...conforto-play/

Worth reading but nothing we haven't discussed. I'm glad Bruce is doing well so far but I would have kept the money and given Conforto a starting job.

I think Conforto and Flores have good long term value if their development isn't stymied.
    We are in the same page here. I think the Mets were also trying to get on the same page. There was no market for Bruce. I do believe that they tried to trade him.

Conforto is going to hit - Lets hope the Mets don't ruin what they have here.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/lets-...conforto-play/

Worth reading but nothing we haven't discussed. I'm glad Bruce is doing well so far but I would have kept the money and given Conforto a starting job.

I think Conforto and Flores have good long term value if their development isn't stymied.

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
    How many home runs do you all think Conforto will hit this year?

I'm thinking 25.
    If he keeps trying to hit them - 12

If he lets his natural swing take over - 25

Leave a comment:

• jjpm74
    replied
    How many home runs do you all think Conforto will hit this year?

I'm thinking 25.

Leave a comment:

• jjpm74
    replied
    Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    Alderson's first 1st round draft pick to make the majors. Less than 250 career ab's.
    How impressive is this kid right now? Very.
    What I like the most about him is that he seems like a natural at the plate. Even in the 0 for 13 slide he recently went on, he was taking good swings and not looking like the lost sheep Duda looks like whenever he gets into a funk. He's a fun player to watch and the most talented outfielder to come through the organization since Darryl Strawberry.

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Alderson's first 1st round draft pick to make the majors. Less than 250 career ab's.
    How impressive is this kid right now? Very.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
    Whatever the stats say, it has been a lot of fun watching this kid develop into a star. He has that confidence/swagger that Jeter had early in his career (not saying he is on par with him). I hope he is the real deal.
    Me too. We'll see. He's got an interesting athletic pedigree.

Here's Conforto's mom with her Olympic Gold Medal:

His father was a Division 1 linebacker - at Penn State. Couldn't find any images of him in action.

Leave a comment:

• jjpm74
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    Not that Conforto doesn't have ability but his line drive % is around 19% and his HR/FB isn't much higher than league average right now.

His BABIP is around .400 so he's due for some regression at some point.

It's still better to have good luck than the opposite.
    Whatever the stats say, it has been a lot of fun watching this kid develop into a star. He has that confidence/swagger that Jeter had early in his career (not saying he is on par with him). I hope he is the real deal.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    Not that Conforto doesn't have ability but his line drive % is around 19% and his HR/FB isn't much higher than league average right now.

His BABIP is around .400 so he's due for some regression at some point.

It's still better to have good luck than the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• trepye
    replied
    HR off Scherzer to break ice in a huge division series matchup..... This kid is LEGIT!

Nice job Aldy...

Leave a comment:

• trepye
    replied
    First HR well over one of the deepest right field fences in the Majors.... http://www.hittrackeronline.com/hrde...p?id=2015_3026 Nice! The kid seems to have legit power, very reassuring.
    Last edited by trepye; 08-04-2015, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jjpm74
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
    Why not sign Barry Bonds and trade Conforto for Ichiro so we can have an outfield with a bunch of big names?

I bet Bonds could still hit a few homers.
    Now you're talking. Bonds also wanted to get to 3000 hits. Just think of the gate sales!

Leave a comment:

• Cowtipper
    replied
    Why not sign Barry Bonds and trade Conforto for Ichiro so we can have an outfield with a bunch of big names?

I bet Bonds could still hit a few homers.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X