Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Mets Postseason Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    Hope for the best tomorrow.
    Cubs have to wait. Will they fly to LA or NY on Friday?
    Must be giving their Chicago based fans fits if they're planning on attending.
    And of course Marlins fan.
    I wonder if MLB will ever change seedings for the different rounds . Cubs had 97 wins and were 7 -0 versus the Mets . They also had 5 more wins than the Dodgers . I also wouldn't mind if the WS home team was decided by wins , and not by a silly all star game .

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mandrake View Post
      I wonder if MLB will ever change seedings for the different rounds . Cubs had 97 wins and were 7 -0 versus the Mets . They also had 5 more wins than the Dodgers . I also wouldn't mind if the WS home team was decided by wins , and not by a silly all star game .
      Doubt it. Happens with some frequency.
      In 2012 the WC Orioles and Rangers both had more wins than Detroit.
      In 2013 the WC Pirates had more wins than the Dodgers.
      This year the WC Pirates and Cubs had more wins than NY and LA.

      Comment


      • swish

        From Elias: The Dodgers and Mets combined for 89 strikeouts in the NLDS which is tied after four games. That matches the most strikeouts in the first four games of any postseason series in major-league history.

        Comment


        • Let me reiterate my comment after Scherzer's no-hitter against the Mets last week:

          Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
          I am VERY worried about how our lineup can perform against elite pitching, especially Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke (my choice for NL Cy Young this year) in the NLDS.
          I am still concerned.
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
            Let me reiterate my comment after Scherzer's no-hitter against the Mets last week:



            I am still concerned.
            I am too. I think Dodger fans should be worried about facing degrom, also a dominate pitcher. Anything can happen. Lets enjoy it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
              I am too. I think Dodger fans should be worried about facing degrom, also a dominate pitcher. Anything can happen. Lets enjoy it.
              Amen. deGrom vs Greinke in a winner-take-all, loser-go-home elimination game. What more could you ask for?
              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                Amen. deGrom vs Greinke in a winner-take-all, loser-go-home elimination game. What more could you ask for?
                deGrom vs. Anderson.

                That was easy.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                  Amen. deGrom vs Greinke in a winner-take-all, loser-go-home elimination game. What more could you ask for?
                  Kershaw to have pitched down to his 1-5 record, or Murphy to hit a double or better with two on in the 8th to tie or win it for us?

                  The one thing the Mets absolutely CANNOT do tomorrow is give up the first run. That offense is going to have enough problems vs. Greinke as it is...

                  I DON'T want us to have to play from behind. I'm hoping Grandy or Cespedes or someone (Duda? he's due already) can give us an early lead with a solo shot or something like that, and deGrom, Familia and, if we need him, Harvey (Collins said he'd be available for relief) can take us the rest of the way.

                  OFF TOPIC...

                  Keeping in mind I'm getting by on a grad student budget here--anyone know a good way to kill flies besides...you know, swatting them? This place has, without exaggeration, about four dozen of them...and swatting a good 10 or so didn't do much (naturally) so aside from pesticides or opening a door (given that I'm apparently the only person here that CLOSES the damn thing, it seems, safe bet that's how at least some are getting in), is there a good way to cut down flies en masse?

                  What'd be the deGrom for flies, if you will?
                  "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
                    Kershaw to have pitched down to his 1-5 record, or Murphy to hit a double or better with two on in the 8th to tie or win it for us?

                    The one thing the Mets absolutely CANNOT do tomorrow is give up the first run. That offense is going to have enough problems vs. Greinke as it is...

                    I DON'T want us to have to play from behind. I'm hoping Grandy or Cespedes or someone (Duda? he's due already) can give us an early lead with a solo shot or something like that, and deGrom, Familia and, if we need him, Harvey (Collins said he'd be available for relief) can take us the rest of the way.

                    OFF TOPIC...

                    Keeping in mind I'm getting by on a grad student budget here--anyone know a good way to kill flies besides...you know, swatting them? This place has, without exaggeration, about four dozen of them...and swatting a good 10 or so didn't do much (naturally) so aside from pesticides or opening a door (given that I'm apparently the only person here that CLOSES the damn thing, it seems, safe bet that's how at least some are getting in), is there a good way to cut down flies en masse?

                    What'd be the deGrom for flies, if you will?
                    Throw out the trash.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
                      OFF TOPIC...

                      Keeping in mind I'm getting by on a grad student budget here--anyone know a good way to kill flies besides...you know, swatting them? This place has, without exaggeration, about four dozen of them...and swatting a good 10 or so didn't do much (naturally) so aside from pesticides or opening a door (given that I'm apparently the only person here that CLOSES the damn thing, it seems, safe bet that's how at least some are getting in), is there a good way to cut down flies en masse?

                      What'd be the deGrom for flies, if you will?
                      That's what you get for living in SoCal. Here in Upstate NY, most of the flies are already dead. If you do come across a live one, you can pretty much just pick it up and toss it outside.
                      They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                        Shea bounced and swayed. I was near the roof for both the Buckner game and when McCartney walked out on stage for Billy Joel. Not only was the place moving up and down, but you could see the roof swaying in waves. Scary stuff.
                        Shea's movement was definitely noticeable. Forget that the land itself sinks an inch or two per year, I think Shea's construction could've used some extra strategically placed crossbeams.

                        Good luck to those who are going to the game tonight. A shout out to those who went to games when times were tough, hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel. And for once, it isn't an oncoming train as the teams fortunes have had a remarkable run since August 1st. "When is my ship coming in......when is my ship coming in.....well here it is , the Queen Mary "


                        Here is where I will sit and watch; at least I am finally off tonight. Since tonight can see both the Dodgers and Cardinals eliminated, I have brought out my Comiskey seat. Sometimes strange things happen when I bring it out....Bartman and Boone within 2 days of each other in 2003, erasing the Red Sox drought in 2004 and the White Sox in 2005., and the Giants winning their first since they moved from our Polo grounds.

                        Let's hope it brings the Mets some luck !
                        WOW... Just awesome! (Fogel?)

                        Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                        Hope for the best tomorrow.
                        Cubs have to wait. Will they fly to LA or NY on Friday?
                        Must be giving their Chicago based fans fits if they're planning on attending.
                        And of course Marlins fan.
                        LOL

                        Originally posted by strato View Post
                        From Elias: The Dodgers and Mets combined for 89 strikeouts in the NLDS which is tied after four games. That matches the most strikeouts in the first four games of any postseason series in major-league history.
                        That really does say a lot!

                        Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                        Amen. deGrom vs Greinke in a winner-take-all, loser-go-home elimination game. What more could you ask for?
                        Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
                        deGrom vs. Anderson.

                        That was easy.


                        Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
                        Keeping in mind I'm getting by on a grad student budget here--anyone know a good way to kill flies besides...you know, swatting them? This place has, without exaggeration, about four dozen of them...and swatting a good 10 or so didn't do much (naturally) so aside from pesticides or opening a door (given that I'm apparently the only person here that CLOSES the damn thing, it seems, safe bet that's how at least some are getting in), is there a good way to cut down flies en masse?

                        What'd be the deGrom for flies, if you will?
                        A mitt.

                        Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                        I wonder if MLB will ever change seedings for the different rounds . Cubs had 97 wins and were 7 -0 versus the Mets . They also had 5 more wins than the Dodgers . I also wouldn't mind if the WS home team was decided by wins , and not by a silly all star game .
                        I think a few postseason arbitrations need to change. Deciding World Series home field advantage with a July exhibition game is ridiculous and has never been popular. Next, scheduled one-game elimination "series" should be eliminated. I realize it's a freebie WC, but still.

                        As for the remaining seeds, I tend to agree with the current idea of rewarding division winners over W/L records. But I think the structure is inherently flawed. Four four-team divisions would render WCs unnecessary, at which point W/L records could take precedence. ...unlike adding an expansion team to each league, which, as we all know, has been done before. However, if the current structure is to remain, I think the WC should be best-of-three.
                        Put it in the books.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                          Shea's movement was definitely noticeable. Forget that the land itself sinks an inch or two per year, I think Shea's construction could've used some extra strategically placed crossbeams.







                          WOW... Just awesome! (Fogel?)



                          LOL



                          That really does say a lot!









                          A mitt.



                          I think a few postseason arbitrations need to change. Deciding World Series home field advantage with a July exhibition game is ridiculous and has never been popular. Next, scheduled one-game elimination "series" should be eliminated. I realize it's a freebie WC, but still.

                          As for the remaining seeds, I tend to agree with the current idea of rewarding division winners over W/L records. But I think the structure is inherently flawed. Four four-team divisions would render WCs unnecessary, at which point W/L records could take precedence. ...unlike adding an expansion team to each league, which, as we all know, has been done before. However, if the current structure is to remain, I think the WC should be best-of-three.
                          Yes, best of three which ends one day before division series starts. Division winners will still have advantage with fresh pitching, wild card winners will have a fairer shot than a 1 game winner take all and MLB will get more games to televise. How come they did not think of this sooner?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                            Yes, best of three which ends one day before division series starts. Division winners will still have advantage with fresh pitching, wild card winners will have a fairer shot than a 1 game winner take all and MLB will get more games to televise. How come they did not think of this sooner?
                            This works with a 158 or 160 game schedule. As it is now the WS is in November.

                            I liked when the Super Bowl was in January and WS ended in October before Halloween.

                            Comment


                            • Grandy singles (upon review) Murphy triples, and it's 1-0 Mets three batters in!

                              Edit: Duda swung at ball four TWICE there...granted, tough pitching this series (to say the least) but he'd better remember how to swing soon.
                              Last edited by Shea Knight; 10-15-2015, 05:14 PM.
                              "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

                              Comment


                              • And just like that it's 2-1 Dodgers.
                                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X