2015 Mets Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    The high on Friday in LA is predicted at 91.
    Saturday is 95.

Wow
    Welcome to the blistering-hot buggy hell that IS the LA Summer that refuses to die...and people say they want to live out here with all our "nice weather" for some reason...
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

And of course my "Beat LA!" chants are gonna make me Mr. Popular...

For as much as I couldn't care less about basketball--again, WHY do I live in LA of all cities?--I'm eternally grateful for its existence JUST for spawning that chant...perfect for all obnoxiously-trendy LA fans. Kings fans, Lakers fans, Dodgers fans...fans that let two NFL franchises go...it's the gift that keeps on giving!
      "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
        And of course my "Beat LA!" chants are gonna make me Mr. Popular...

For as much as I couldn't care less about basketball--again, WHY do I live in LA of all cities?--I'm eternally grateful for its existence JUST for spawning that chant...perfect for all obnoxiously-trendy LA fans. Kings fans, Lakers fans, Dodgers fans...fans that let two NFL franchises go...it's the gift that keeps on giving!
        Ironically you can thank Boston fans for that chant. It started in 1983 when the 76'ers were beating the Celtics in the Boston Garden. The fans knew the game was over so they sent the 76'ers off with the Beat LA chant.

I was watching that game and it was nothing short of awesome. Dr J and the 76'ers went on to Beat LA...which made it better.

Comment

I remember that too. Classic moment.

But I love vacationing in Los Angeles, even when it gets hot. Still less oppressive than Florida.

Comment

Well, yeah, Florida's supposed to be miserably humid...here, it's mercilessly dry.

The Cubs lead the Pirates 3-0 in the 4th tonight thus far...Cole didn't bring his Grade A stuff.

Comment

4-0, and if the Cubbies beat the Pirates...hey, the Giants trounced them in the Wild Card last year and went on to win the World Series...

I'm sure North Side fans have grasped at sillier straws for breaking the Curse!

Comment

4-0, and if the Cubbies beat the Pirates...hey, the Giants trounced them in the Wild Card last year and went on to win the World Series...

I'm sure North Side fans have grasped at sillier straws for breaking the Curse!
                That Cubs team is for real. Not saying they will beat the Cardinals, but this Cub team is better than 1989, 1984, 1970, 1969..... The movie Back to the Future saw the Cubs in the WS in 2015. SRO starts at $2600 for the potential 3rd WS game at Wrigley, with bleachers starting at $3500 each.

However, here are the last 5 NL Pennant winners: Giants, Cardinals, Giants, Cardinals,Giants...... see a trend?

Comment

Murphy giving the Mets the lead. - that was hammered.

Now can they take Cuddyer out of left before someone gets hurt out there????
                  Last edited by Paulypal; 10-09-2015, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                    Murphy giving the Mets the lead. - that was hammered.

Now can they take Cuddyer out of left before someone gets hurt out there????
                    Agreed, Cuddyer's not worth the defensive liability right now...but good job by Murphy!

8 strikeouts through 4 for deGrom, but 80 pitches as well, and that's a major concern...

Comment

4 innings and 16 strikeouts combined. These two are going at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                        4 innings and 16 strikeouts combined. These two are going at it.
                        5 innings 21 K's combined. What a performance by both pitchers.

Comment

Captain America came through...DAVID DID IT!!!

3-0 Mets on his 2-run RBI!

Comment

SING IT, BABY...3-1 we win our first playoff game in 9 years!!!

Comment

Captain America came through...DAVID DID IT!!!

3-0 Mets on his 2-run RBI!
                              David W. through all the trials and tribulations you are an ORIGINAL Metsie....

Clutch!
                              :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
                              Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

What a performance by JD!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X