2015 Mets Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
    Captain America came through...DAVID DID IT!!!

3-0 Mets on his 2-run RBI!
    I guess it wouldnt be a Met win if we couldnt mention a comic book character.

Big hit by David Wright. Really good to see him come through there.

Comment

DeGrom, Murphy and Wright. Homegrown baby.

Hope we've seen the last of Cuddyer in LF at Dodger stadium though. They gave him the start probably in honor of his age and experience and him signing with the Mets as their big FA signing. Time for Conforto.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
        I guess it wouldnt be a Met win if we couldnt mention a comic book character.

Big hit by David Wright. Really good to see him come through there.
        I'd rather have "superheroes" playing for us than...um...Ollie Perez.

Now comes the hard part, trying to do it again against Syndergaard...so let's hope Thor's got his hammer!
        "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
          I'd rather have "superheroes" playing for us than...um...Ollie Perez.

Now comes the hard part, trying to do it again against Syndergaard...so let's hope Thor's got his hammer!
          In the excitement, I think maybe you meant Greinke? Was able to catch the rest of the game after work (the part after 11;30) and deGromm has convinced me that he is in the same company as the elite.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
            In the excitement, I think maybe you meant Greinke? Was able to catch the rest of the game after work (the part after 11;30) and deGromm has convinced me that he is in the same company as the elite.
            Better learn to spell his name, then.

I was convinced after the All-Star game.
            They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
              Better learn to spell his name, then.

I was convinced after the All-Star game.
              Sorry it's actually my phone . Not only do I suck at typing on it but damn autocorrect makes my grammar look like my 3 degrees came from a Cracker Jack box . Maybe when one hits 50 it's time to stop trying to use technology ? Or have my teen age daughter do it for me !
              Last edited by mandrake; 10-10-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Degrom is showing the rest of the staff that it is possible to let your pitching talk for you. He is a ace pitcher. Great game and nice to see contributions from two long time Mets, Wright and Murphy. Wouldn't it be nice being up 2-0 with Harvey on the mound Monday?

Comment

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                  Degrom is showing the rest of the staff that it is possible to let your pitching talk for you. He is a ace pitcher. Great game and nice to see contributions from two long time Mets, Wright and Murphy. Wouldn't it be nice being up 2-0 with Harvey on the mound Monday?
                  The funny thing is before the series we were saying I hope they just split in LA, but when you win that first one that all goes out the window. The sweep would be awesome.

Comment

Greinke will make that a real challenge. He can opt out after the WS so a great start may tempt the Red Sox or others to open up their check book for him. He has everything to gain with a great performance.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                      Greinke will make that a real challenge. He can opt out after the WS so a great start may tempt the Red Sox or others to open up their check book for him. He has everything to gain with a great performance.
                      Greinke can give up 75 earned runs today it doesnt matter. He isnt going to gain too much more by winning today. He put together a season in 2015 that is going to get him paid regardless of what happens today.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                        Sorry it's actually my phone . Not only do I suck at typing on it but damn autocorrect makes my grammar look like I my 3 degrees came from a Cracker Jack box . Maybe when one hits 50 it's time to stop trying to use technology ? Or have my teen age daughter do it for me !
                        Well, you only misspelled deGrom, not something basic like "cat"... or Nieuwenhuis.

I want to see Murphy and Wright and other organization guys have a great post-season. It'd be a great story if Flores and/or Kirk N became a hero.

I wish they'd activated Gee. They could have used him.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Comment

A little late to the celebration I am, but here's my bit.

deGrom was unbelievable. The no-show of Cespedes was a bit of a shock. Granderson is proving to be Beltran 2.0 -- remember his first year in New York, Beltran was eviscerated for not doing enough, but eventually he got good? Same thing is happening with Granderson. Cuddyer is terrible but that should be expected.

But who woulda thunk that it would've been deGrom and not Harvey headlining the Mets' first postseason since 2006? Just a couple years ago Harvey was not just highly touted in New York, the whole LEAGUE was excited by him. But now it's deGrom, some ninth round pick who was never ranked as a Baseball America top prospect, who didn't even make his big league debut until he was 26, that get's the fanfare. Harvey is something of an afterthought now. What magic potion is deGrom hiding in that hair of his?

Comment

Noah hits 101!!!

YC goes yard!

Comment

That Cespedes for the Rest of Us strikes again--1-0 Mets early on!

And Ronnie's right, on the TBS call...same start for the Mets tonight...let's hope we finish like last night, too!
                                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X