2015 Mets Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Mets Postseason Thread

I... don't quite know what to say. So outta practice.

LET'S GO METS !!!
    Put it in the books.

The high on Friday in LA is predicted at 91.
    Saturday is 95.

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
      I... don't quite know what to say. So outta practice.

LET'S GO METS !!!
      LOL.

According to Vegas Insider the Mets/Dodgers are both 6-1 to win the WS. I guess the odds makers feel that these two teams are evenly matched.

I know some people are going to say that they are just satisfied with the Mets winning the division, and making the playoffs because they didnt expect either one, but I dont think that should be the take on it. The Mets are in and have as good a shot as anyone else. Although if you had a gun to my head I would think the Dodgers will win because of GreinShaw (patent-pending) I still think the Mets can win.

In my opinion if the Mets take 1 of the 2 games in LA they will win the series. After GreinShaw the Mets have the pitching advantage. I love having Harvey pitching game 3 - especially if they are tied at 1-1 or God forbid up 2-0.

*** If you hear the term GreinShaw by any media type you know that they have hijacked our forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
        LOL.

According to Vegas Insider the Mets/Dodgers are both 6-1 to win the WS. I guess the odds makers feel that these two teams are evenly matched.

I know some people are going to say that they are just satisfied with the Mets winning the division, and making the playoffs because they didnt expect either one, but I dont think that should be the take on it. The Mets are in and have as good a shot as anyone else. Although if you had a gun to my head I would think the Dodgers will win because of GreinShaw (patent-pending) I still think the Mets can win.

In my opinion if the Mets take 1 of the 2 games in LA they will win the series. After GreinShaw the Mets have the pitching advantage. I love having Harvey pitching game 3 - especially if they are tied at 1-1 or God forbid up 2-0.

*** If you hear the term GreinShaw by any media type you know that they have hijacked our forum.
        You shoulda gotten it copyrighted.

They may have GreinShaw, but we have Thor and The Dark Knight Of Gotham. How can we lose?
        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
          How can we lose?
          Please don't say that. This team has made the '86 campaign feel like a cakewalk. In the meantime, I'm gonna run to the store and stock up on TUMS.
          If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

Just the title of this thread put a smile on my face. So awesome to see.

Comment

You shoulda gotten it copyrighted.

They may have GreinShaw, but we have Thor and The Dark Knight Of Gotham. How can we lose?
              Easy:

1) Thor loses his hammer -- Hey it happened in the movie

2) The Dark Knight of Gotham - gets told by his dad (Scott Boras) to take his ball home and he cant play.

Lets hope neither one happens.

Comment

Game one of the NLDS will be at 9:45 PM eastern/6:45 west coast time. Game two will be at 9:07 PM eastern.

http://espn.go.com/blog/newyork/mets...s-games-in-l-a
                The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

If you believe Adam Rubin, game start times mean that the "shadows" will not be a factor for first two games.

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
                    If you believe Adam Rubin, game start times mean that the "shadows" will not be a factor for first two games.
                    I trust Rubin more than Metsblog. Metsblog managed to misspell the name of the team.

The Meys.
                    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

As of now the sun is still up past 7pm, so why wouldn't there be shadows? The "shouldn't be a factor" is not exactly definitive or explicative. Anyway, that is a long time to wait for the first game, but it is good for those who will not have to curse an alarm clock the next morning. Go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                        As of now the sun is still up past 7pm, so why wouldn't there be shadows? The "shouldn't be a factor" is not exactly definitive or explicative. Anyway, that is a long time to wait for the first game, but it is good for those who will not have to curse an alarm clock the next morning. Go Mets!
                        I don't have to worry about the alarm clock, but I'm not sure I can stay awake until 1:00AM. It'll be a challenge.
                        They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

I don't have to worry about the alarm clock, but I'm not sure I can stay awake until 1:00AM. It'll be a challenge.
                          Friday and Saturday I have to work until 11pm, so I can catch the end of it. In 2006 I was mandated to stay overnight for a 16 hr shift and I got to see Beltran's infamous at bat while at work. Stuff happens.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                            There is a point where the sun can still be up and the shadows have past the area that affects the hitter.

Sunset is 6:27 on Friday & 6:25 on Saturday in Los Angeles. Shadows averted.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                              There is a point where the sun can still be up and the shadows have past the area that affects the hitter.

Sunset is 6:27 on Friday & 6:25 on Saturday in Los Angeles. Shadows averted.
                              Maybe you should get the job of reporter. lol

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X