No announcement yet.

Is Don Mattingly kidding us or what???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Don Mattingly kidding us or what???

http://www.nj.com/mets/index.ssf/201...ludicrous.html

Another douche showing his true colors. I get it that he has to stick up for his guy, but this idiot is making up a story "If David Wright did it". This mental midget has no idea what would happen if Wright did it.............but there are two things - 1) Wright wouldnt do it, and 2) Wright didnt do it. Your douche bag did it.

Then Mattingly (who I have now lost all respect for) has the NERVE to say anything disparaging about the NY media, and how they blow everything out of proportion etc etc etc etc. Yes they do, but for 14 years they blew YOU out of proportion. For 14 years they were on their knees in front of you for every move you made.....now "its the NY media".????

Another scumbag.

How about saying this --- We feel that was a tough aggressive slide and we will let the appeal process run its course.

When someone tries to defend what can not be defended they look like a complete ass.
    Last edited by Paulypal; 10-12-2015, 09:11 AM.

Watch these slides. Just as "dirty", but since the fielder manages to avoid the runner, no broken leg, and no 2-game suspension for the runner. Was Utley supposed to know beforehand that Tejada wouldn't be able to avoid him?

http://m.mlb.com/video/v166639083/la...base/?c_id=mlb
    http://m.mlb.com/video/v73698983/tbt...play/?c_id=mlb

Comment

Utley slide later and higher, but it is the internet so argue away.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
        Utley slide later and higher, but it is the internet so argue away.
        Utley's feet were on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by ipitch View Post
          Utley's feet were on the ground.
          But his head and shoulders were above Tejada's waist.

Comment

Watch these slides. Just as "dirty", but since the fielder manages to avoid the runner, no broken leg, and no 2-game suspension for the runner. Was Utley supposed to know beforehand that Tejada wouldn't be able to avoid him?

http://m.mlb.com/video/v166639083/la...base/?c_id=mlb
            http://m.mlb.com/video/v73698983/tbt...play/?c_id=mlb
            Not a very strong argument is it?

At some point the rule has to change because of replay and there has to be a starting point for the change. Well we just saw it. I also love the insinuation that this was Tejada's fault. With the new rule eliminating the neighborhood play (instant replay) it is much more difficult to avoid a runner - hence the rule will be changed this off season.

PS - I actually just watched both videos, and neither slide in your post was dirty. Are you seriously going to call those even close to what Utley did? Impossible to see it that way. Those players actually slid before the bag.

Wow talk about seeing things differently.
            Last edited by Paulypal; 10-12-2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I hope Hernandez is doing the pregame at CitiField tonight. It would be a shame to have to settle for seeing only the 2nd best NY 1st baseman of the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                But his head and shoulders were above Tejada's waist.
                Are you're worried that Utley's head/shoulders would do damage to Tejada's waist/stomach? His lower leg was broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                  Not a very strong argument is it?

At some point the rule has to change because of replay and there has to be a starting point for the change. Well we just saw it. I also love the insinuation that this was Tejada's fault. With the new rule eliminating the neighborhood play (instant replay) it is much more difficult to avoid a runner - hence the rule will be changed this off season.

PS - I actually just watched both videos, and neither slide in your post was dirty. Are you seriously going to call those even close to what Utley did? Impossible to see it that way. Those players actually slid before the bag.

The slides are the same. All of them could have ended with a broken leg. It's not Tejada's fault - you could say it's MLB fault for allowing these slides to happen many times per season without punishment.

Comment

The slides are the same. All of them could have ended with a broken leg. It's not Tejada's fault - you could say it's MLB fault for allowing these slides to happen many times per season without punishment.
                    The slides are the same? Interesting viewpoint.

Comment

Interesting viewpoint.
                      Thanks. I'm a multiple-time winner in the post-of-the-day thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                        I hope Hernandez is doing the pregame at CitiField tonight. It would be a shame to have to settle for seeing only the 2nd best NY 1st baseman of the 80s.
                        Mattingly was a great player for a 5 year period so I wont knock him for that. Keith was better with the glove for sure, but Mattingly was a superior hitter. I just think his approach to defending his guy was absurd.

Using David Wright as an example was ridiculous. If David Wright did do that I would have started a thread on what a douche David Wright is, but he didnt. I just dont see any room for that type of "slide", and I am using the term slide really loosely.

Comment

Using David Wright as an example was ridiculous. If David Wright did do that I would have started a thread on what a douche David Wright is, but he didnt. I just dont see any room for that type of "slide", and I am using the term slide really loosely.
                          Yeah, David Wright would never do such a thing...

5/24/2005: "Wright thought his slide at second base had forced a wide throw to first, denied the Braves an inning-ending, 3-6-1 double play and left the Mets in position to win. But second base umpire Jeff Nelson ruled Wright had "intentionally interfered with the [shortstop, Rafael Furcal] in the act of turning a double play" and awarded the Braves two outs. The call irked the Met as much as the loss would. Wright erupted as he disputed it with Nelson, prompting his first ejection since he was in Class A. And the other Mets acted stunned as the Braves returned to their dugout. "I've seen a lot of worse slides," manager Willie Randolph would say later. "You see that call usually when the shortstop gets flipped. But David never touched him. He put pressure on him, but he just threw it away. "We're not playing footsie ball. We teach hard, aggressive baseball. I thought it was an unnecesary call.""

Comment

Typical Yankee. If he was a former Met he would be classy and this sort of thing wouldn't have happened.

Comment

Hey, I rode a short bus to kindergarten. I was the only nine year old there.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X