Our Mets Hall of Fame - the 10th Manager Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Mets Hall of Fame - the 10th Manager Election

This is the 10th election for Our Mets Hall of Fame, managers edition.

New managers:

Terry Collins returns

Dropped managers:

None

Code:
    Holdovers:

Manager                Percentage     High %          Years on ballot

NONE

Holdovers dropped: 

None

Last year of eligibility:

None
    Code:
    Returnees:

There are some managers who dropped off the ballot previously that worked for the Mets in 2010 or 2011. These managers are returning to the ballot because these seasons may have changed your opinion on them in terms of Hall of Fame worthiness. Rules are slightly different for these individuals. 

Different rules:

1) They can appear on a maximum of five ballots, including this one, or until their 15th year of eligibility.
    2) They must receive at least 10% of the electorate's support each year to remain on the ballot.
    3) If they have already reached their 15th year of eligibility or have reached then dropped out of the Veteran's Committee, they can appear on no more than three ballots, including this one. 

List of Returnees:

Terry Collins
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

I don't hate Terry. He seems like a nice enough fellow. He was hired as an inexpensive place holder while Fred looted franchise revenue for a half decade. The sight of him has depressed me for years because of what he represented.

His new contract means until there's a launch date for the mall Fred won't spend and winning isn't a priority. Terry's also got to be one of the dumbest managers ever. I remember when Cespedes took the foul off his knee in the World Series. He couldn't even walk yet Terry keeps him in. "If Cespedes hits a grounder it's a triple play!", I said to myself. Typical Terry Collins moment.

At least it motivated me to look up Bill Wambsganss

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Terry Collins is also the third-winningest manager in Mets history. He also has more postseason wins that Gil Hodges.

--New York Mets PR staff

Comment

Just looking for another vote or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
          Just looking for another vote or two.
          I voted yes.

My vote is relative just to the Mets obviously. Collins isnt nearly a HOF manager, but with the Mets he is.

The Mets have 5 WS visits in 54 seasons to go along with only 8 playoff visits. So if you get this team to the post season you have done something unique.

Now add into the fact the roster that Collins had to work with. You can say what you want about him but the fact that this team got as far as it did makes you shake your head.

Comment

Who are the mangers that are in? If Yogi is in then Terry Collins has to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
              Who are the mangers that are in? If Yogi is in then Terry Collins has to be in.
              My order would be

Hodges
              Johnson
              Valentine
              Collins
              Berra

Comment

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                My order would be

Hodges
                Johnson
                Valentine
                Collins
                Berra
                The 5 WS managers. Thats about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                  The 5 WS managers. Thats about right.
                  Agreed, maybe add Randolph and of course, Stengel, who for those of us of a certain age was the face of the franchise whenever the early days were referenced.

Comment

With only one dissenting vote, Terry Collins joins Our Mets Hall of Fame. The other managers are Casey Stengel, Gil Hodges, Yogi Berra, Davey Johnson, Bobby Valentine and Willie Randolph. Each decade since the 1970s now has one representative.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X