To be fair this thread / post is necessary to the Mets organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be fair this thread / post is necessary to the Mets organization

If you read this forum regularly you know I have called the Wilpons any name that this forum would allow, and if we were in person plenty that I cant type.

With that said - I have to tip my cap to the Mets organization for spending at least the $25M and maybe $75M for getting Cespedes.

It doesnt even scratch the surface of all the lack of activity and non signings over the years.....not even close, but when someone does a good job I believe in saying it and not let past discretions affect the now.

They still need bullpen help. I don't want these young arms feeling obligated to go 8 innings every 5th day and be on fumes by the end of August.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      If you read this forum regularly you know I have called the Wilpons any name that this forum would allow, and if we were in person plenty that I cant type.

With that said - I have to tip my cap to the Mets organization for spending at least the $25M and maybe $75M for getting Cespedes.

It doesnt even scratch the surface of all the lack of activity and non signings over the years.....not even close, but when someone does a good job I believe in saying it and not let past discretions affect the now.
      Yeah I agree with this - even have to tip MY hat to Sandy Alderson. Strategically, a very good deal - if he has a great year in 2016 he opts out (but Mets do well!) and if just decent year you may still get next 2 at reasonable price. And they can always talk extension if they want to. Meanwhile, you have at least one of the bats needed for this rare group of starters to sustain a run. I don't like the infield moves much at all because they assume Wright will be healthy and actually make defense slightly worse - no easy feat on this team!

But credit where credit is due.
      Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

That is fair..... this is warranted. Its a give and take, and to their decision making with regards to Cespedes I say....

Positivity begets positiveness

I really appreciate the Wilpons listening to their fan base.... reparative towards fan/customer base relations.

Thereby, THANK YOU Jeff and Fred Wilpon.
        :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
        Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

Originally posted by trepye View Post
          That is fair..... this is warranted. Its a give and take, and to their decision making with regards to Cespedes I say....

Positivity begets positiveness

I really appreciate the Wilpons listening to their fan base.... reparative towards fan/customer base relations.

Thereby, THANK YOU Jeff and Fred Wilpon.

I have sent e-mails to the Mets criticizing the Wilpons and Sandy. Not in a vulgar way. I have implored them to sell the team. Today I sent an e-mail thanking them. I have not been this happy in the off season since Piazza took the 91 million. I thought I would never see a day like this until they sold the team.

Comment

I dunno. Fred had to be dragged kicking and screaming into writing a check.

The clincher was the Nats offer. Their owner overruled the GM in pursuing him. The idea of the big division rival sporting the two players that got the Mets to the WS had the whole fan base screaming. There'd be hell to pay if that happened and the Nats won. Can you imagine being in "Citi" Field while Murph and Cespedes are raking while sweeping a series for the Nats in September?

Fred might have to get the State Legislature to approve the mall now that the court rejected it. The PR beating might have been the final nail in Wilponville's coffin.

The signing was reactive but I'll take it anyway.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X