2016 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NewYorkEagle View Post
    I hope next year we win the World Series for real.
    It's possible.

Moves and health will be needed but it's very possible.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
      It's possible.

Moves and health will be needed but it's very possible.
      True. I'm not gonna be entirely sure if they'll be good enough to go to the postseason next year. They just lost the Wild Card Game against the Giants, with no runs scored. It's entirely different compared to the 2015 postseason, where they went all the way to the World Series for the first time since 2000.
      Originally posted by Vin Scully
      So the winning run is at second base, with two outs, three and two to Mookie Wilson. [A] little roller up along first... behind the bag! It gets through Buckner! Here comes Knight, and the Mets win it!
      New York Mets Est. 1962

1969 1986
      1969 1973 1986 2000 2015
      1969 1973 1986 1988 1999 2000 2006 2015 2016

Comment

I hope next year we win the World Series for real.
        Welcome to the board! You just started posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
          Welcome to the board! You just started posting.
          Thanks. I've been trying to post for almost a year, but my account wasn't fully activated until today.
          Originally posted by Vin Scully
          So the winning run is at second base, with two outs, three and two to Mookie Wilson. [A] little roller up along first... behind the bag! It gets through Buckner! Here comes Knight, and the Mets win it!
          New York Mets Est. 1962

1969 1986
          1969 1973 1986 2000 2015
          1969 1973 1986 1988 1999 2000 2006 2015 2016

Comment

Thanks. I've been trying to post for almost a year, but my account wasn't fully activated until today.
            Yes, welcome to the board.

The unknown in projecting next season for the Mets is the severity of the injuries to key players.

The Mets aren't transparent with fans, or even the players themselves. That's probably why more and more (like Walker) are going outside for second opinions. Duda's back hasn't been right since last season. Then, finally, this year it's announced he has a stress fracture. Do these kind of injuries just come out of nowhere?

Wright was playing with a broken back for a month until he was finally put on the DL. Constant trauma to an injured spine can cause spinal stenosis.

If key players are healthy the Mets can consider trading from areas of strength and a good lineup can be assembled. If they're not they have few areas of strength.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

True. I'm not gonna be entirely sure if they'll be good enough to go to the postseason next year. They just lost the Wild Card Game against the Giants, with no runs scored. It's entirely different compared to the 2015 postseason, where they went all the way to the World Series for the first time since 2000.
              Welcome.

Nobody knows how good they will be. The Mets have set themselves up for a year to year wait and see. It took two huge turnarounds in 2015/2016 to make the playoffs. I don't think its smart to count on that year after year.

This off season could/should be interesting.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X