X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asdrubal Cabrera

OK, one game - I know!

But....

This guy has no range. I mean almost nothing. Makes Wilmer look like Reyes, and Tejada look like Rey Ordonez. He literally waved at a couple of grounders to his right.

Am I hallucinating?

May be a decent bat, but with this staff, why not get a vacuum cleaner type.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Yeah I noticed that one grounder that was about halfway between where he was standing and the second base bag. He never budged.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
      OK, one game - I know!

But....

This guy has no range. I mean almost nothing. Makes Wilmer look like Reyes, and Tejada look like Rey Ordonez. He literally waved at a couple of grounders to his right.

Am I hallucinating?

May be a decent bat, but with this staff, why not get a vacuum cleaner type.
      His range is not great, but he can turn a double play, unlike Flores. He reminds me of Derek Jeter defensively (obviously Jeter was a lot better than Cabrera offensively).

Comment

Cabrera has started to show that he is not just a good player. He is also a good teammate. Look carefully at where he is whenever someone gets a good hit and who he sits next to when he is in the dugout. Cabrera and Colon are the veteran leaders this team needed.

Comment

So far he's been another good pickup. Plus the helmet-taking off after a home run thing.

Comment

This team isn't missing a beat with Asdrubal as the everyday shortstop.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
              This team isn't missing a beat with Asdrubal as the everyday shortstop.
              Quietly he is having a very nice season so far.

Comment

Cabrera out of the game with back spasms.

Great.

d'Arnaud and Duda out for a long time. Wright day to day. Now this.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Asdrubal is leading the team in hits and he can field. Where'd they be without him?

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                    Asdrubal is leading the team in hits and he can field. Where'd they be without him?
                    In worse shap for sure, but a lineup of Cabrera hitting 2nd and Walker hitting 4th is a little tough to take.

Comment

So the Mets released a statement that said there was no damage to the ligaments. Meanwhile back in reality Cabrera was told that there was a tear.

So lets see who do we believe? The organization that put players on a plane with a concussion, and had someone in a boot with the wrong diagnosis...........or the player who was told it there was a tear?

I just never stops.

Asdrubal Cabrera told Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News that he has a torn ligament in his left thumb.
                      The Mets announced after the initial injury back on May 6 that an MRI showed no damage to the ligaments, but Cabrera confirmed that he was told that there was a tear. He'd like to try to play through it, but he aggravated the injury on Saturday and is still dealing with soreness. He's doubtful to play Monday and a stint on the disabled list might be the best play at this point. Top prospect Amed Rosario looms as an alternative at Triple-A.

Comment

It's semantics, but did they flat out lie, or was another test performed after the MRI?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X