Memorable Mets Home Run Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorable Mets Home Run Thread

We all will remember Saturday May 7, 2016 as Bartolo Colon's first home run. Outside of that home run, Robin Ventura's grand slam single, Murphy's Ruthian feat in the NLCS, and Mike Piazza's 9/11 memorial home run, what are the most memorable Mets home runs for you?

Edgardo Alfonzo in the 1999 NLDS:

Todd Pratt in the 1999 NLDS:

Mike Piazza in the 10-run inning game on June 30, 2000:

Benny Agbayani in the 2000 NLDS:

Lucas Duda in the 2015 NLCS:

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Lenny Dykstra's game winner in the '86 NLCS. I would link the video from YouTube but I'm on mobile.
      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Anyone else think that Pratt's hr looked like a routine pop fly off the bat? You just don't see home runs like that anymore since the steroid era ended.

Also, why didn't the outfielder jump and try to catch it?
        My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
        2. Barry Bonds
        3. Ty Cobb
        4. Ted Williams
        5. Willie Mays
        6. Alex Rodriguez
        7. Hank Aaron
        8. Honus Wagner
        9. Lou Gehrig
        10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
          Also, why didn't the outfielder jump and try to catch it?
          He did, but he jumped backward and into the wall, and thus only got a few inches off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
            Lenny Dykstra's game winner in the '86 NLCS. I would link the video from YouTube but I'm on mobile.
            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

"Wilmer Flores Night at Citi Field comes to a fitting close!!!"

And the ONE TIME I saw Mike Piazza play live, at Dodger Stadium, as a Met, he hit a home run...I don't remember the year, the game, who won, don't even remember the swing itself, I just remember the arc of the ball, how great it was that the one time I saw my childhood favorite Met he hit a home run, and that my mother and sister MISSED IT whilst going to the bathroom (and, as if that weren't enough, my mother missed it AGAIN when they ran the highlight the next morning and...yep...in the bathroom.)
              "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Have we mentioned Strawberry's shot off the scoreboard against St. Louis in 1985?

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                  Have we mentioned Strawberry's shot off the scoreboard against St. Louis in 1985?
                  My favorite Met homer ever. 11th inning off of Ken Dayley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW85NDH9UVc
                  Last edited by Paulypal; 05-10-2016, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Todd Pratt against the D'backs. Steve Finley's empty glove. 1999 nirvana.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLoQ2iQo5Zo

A man who hit 7 career home runs, who in 4 years as a Met hits a whopping .191...hits the game tying homer at Shea and hits .455 in the WS. I still remember running home from the second grade to catch these games in progress.

Al Weiss, JC Martin, Tommie Agee..... three reasons I rooted for the White Sox in the American League.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                        We all will remember Saturday May 7, 2016 as Bartolo Colon's first home run. Outside of that home run, Robin Ventura's grand slam single, Murphy's Ruthian feat in the NLCS, and Mike Piazza's 9/11 memorial home run, what are the most memorable Mets home runs for you?
                        Gary Cohen showed what an idiot he truly is by calling Colon's homer "one of the greatest moments in baseball history". That guy is just a moron. Yes Gary its right up there with Kirk Gibsons homer in 1988 , and Mays' catch in 1954. My Lord

Colons homer was awesome though, and his teammates reaction showed how much they love the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                          My favorite Met home ever. 11th inning off of Ken Dayley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW85NDH9UVc
                          1980..Mets sweep the Dodgers.....And then on Saturday night the Giants are up 6-0..... Then 6-2 with 2 out in the ninth...... With it 6-4 and two on and two out. Steve Henderson comes up at the 51 minute nark, (I can't find this homer anywhere else. ) If you were a baseball fan in NY, you lived this. I knew NYY fans who were going crazy watching this. For the first time since the 1973 WS, Shea was rocking.,

If you are a long time Mets fan and you don't know what is meant by "that Henderson home run".......well, I'd have to question one's credentials.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCu_PlNImnw
                          Last edited by mandrake; 05-10-2016, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                            1980..Mets sweep the Dodgers.....And then on Saturday night the Giants are up 6-0..... Then 6-2 with 2 out in the ninth...... With it 6-4 and two on and two out. Steve Henderson comes up at the 51 minute nark, (I can't find this homer anywhere else. ) If you were a baseball fan in NY, you lived this. I knew NYY fans who were going crazy watching this. For the first time since the 1973 WS, Shea was rocking.,

If you are a long time Mets fan and you don't know what is meant by "that Henderson home run".......well, I'd have to question one's credentials.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCu_PlNImnw
                            I remember exactly where I was when that homer was hit. I was living in Brooklyn and actually playing catch with one of my friends (under a street light) with the radio on listening to the game.

Henderson was my favorite player at the time - pre Strawberry of course. Lee Mazzilli was from my neighborhood but Hendu was still my favorite. Three weeks after that Hendu Homer - Strawberry was signed out of Crenshaw H.S.
                            Last edited by Paulypal; 05-10-2016, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                              I remember exactly where I was when that homer was hit. I was living in Brooklyn and actually playing catch with one of my friends (under a street light) with the radio on listening to the game.

Henderson was my favorite player at the time - pre Strawberry of course. Lee Mazzilli was from my neighborhood but Hendu was still my favorite. Three weeks after that Hendu Homer - Strawberry was signed out of Crenshaw H.S.
                              I remembered the Henderson home run and that it was to right field. I thought Mazzili would be a star, I lived close to where Pauly and Mazzilli lived. Mazilli was a legend.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X