Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorable Mets Home Run Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
    Here is the crazy 1979 home run in one of the most offense foward games of all time. It's crazy to think that he hit two balls further than this in his career. He was possibly the most one dimensional hitter of all time, but his home runs were mammoth:


    There was a spring training game that Kingman hit a monster home run. The reason I remember it was Micky Mantle was visiting in the broadcast booth and said he thought that was longest home run he ever saw. It was a night game and on TV it just went in to the darkness. You could tell it was hit well on TV, but could not see where it landed. That was the days of St. Petersburgh spring training.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      Mazzilli was a neighborhood legend of course as was John Franco and Pete Falcone.

      Quick story:

      In the late 80's I was in the gym I worked out in (in Brooklyn) and I see John Franco (he was still pitching with the Reds). So I walked over an introduced myself and we started talking. I was 23-24 at the time. Franco was 26-27. The previous baseball season I was at Shea and Strawberry hit a walk off homer off of Franco in the 10th inning I believe. So In my conversation with Franco I mention I was at that game. He laughed and told me the date of the game and what pitch it was. I saw him quite a bit after that in the gym, and we became friendly. He is a really good guy and even at 26-27 years old he had no ego about being a good major league pitcher. He was a regular guy.
      I think Franco ripped his jersey off right on the field after he gave up that home run to Strawberry. That is my memory of it anyway.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Metsies8 View Post
        There was a spring training game that Kingman hit a monster home run. The reason I remember it was Micky Mantle was visiting in the broadcast booth and said he thought that was longest home run he ever saw. It was a night game and on TV it just went in to the darkness. You could tell it was hit well on TV, but could not see where it landed. That was the days of St. Petersburgh spring training.
        I seem to remember Kingman tape measure home runs would always be accompanied by descriptions of or tales of dented cars or broken windows.

        Comment


        • #34
          I think we can add Syndergaard's two homers from tonight in Los Angeles to the list.
          X
          What's THAT guy doing?
          - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
            I think we can add Syndergaard's two homers from tonight in Los Angeles to the list.
            Considering I did remember that Terrell hit two, even though I can't picture them, it is safe to say this will qualify under the thread title.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
              Considering I did remember that Terrell hit two, even though I can't picture them, it is safe to say this will qualify under the thread title.
              And that Noah hit his two home runs ON Walt Terrell's birthday. There are no coincidences.

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X