Our Mets Hall of Fame Veteran's Committee election #11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Mets Hall of Fame Veteran's Committee election #11

Welcome to Our Mets Hall of Fame Veteran's Committee election #11, vote 1.

I have eliminated the rule that only VC members can vote, since many of the original VC members are no longer active on this Website. I am allowing anyone who wants to vote the chance to do so, in the good faith that no voting shenanigans will take place. It is preferred that members in good standing who have participated in this project previously vote in this current election. It is open to anyone, but suspect ballots can and will be disqualified if the poster cannot adequately explain his choices if called upon to do so.

We used to have a two-vote process, where during the first vote, to whittle down the list a little, we would select the 15 players we most wanted to see in the next vote, then we would vote for the guy's we selected during the second round. Well, there's only 15 players eligible for the VC at this point, so we'll just do one vote this time around.

Which of these players should be in Our Mets Hall of Fame? Vote for as many as you wish.

Benny Agbayani
    Bob Apodaca
    Dennis Cook
    Ike Davis
    Nick Evans
    Bernard Gilkey
    Rickey Henderson
    Jason Isringhausen
    Joe McEwing
    Randy Myers
    Angel Pagan
    Bobby Parnell
    Steve Trachsel
    Joel Youngblood
    Pat Zachry

Vote Duration

This vote will run for 10 days (until June 1).

How a Player Can No Longer be Eligible for the VC

If a player is voted off during the initial ballot in two consecutive VC elections, he will no longer be eligible for the VC. If a player makes it past the first cut but doesn't get more than 50% of the vote in the final round in three consecutive VC elections, he too will be no longer eligible for the VC.

New rules added during VC election #3, vote 2:

If in a series of three consecutive elections a player: A) makes it past the first cut but doesn't garner 50% in the final round of the in the first election, B) doesn't make it past the first cut in the second election, and C) makes it past the first cut but doesn't garner 50% of the vote in the final round of third election, he will no longer be eligible for the VC.

If in a series of three consecutive elections a player A) doesn't make it past the first cut in the first election, B) makes it past the first cut but doesn't garner 50% of the vote in the final round of second election C) doesn't make it past the first cut in the third election, he will no longer be eligible for the VC.

DISREGARD THIS PART, I'm saving it for future copy/pastes: Initial Ballot

This is going to be a two-vote process. First, voters must post the 15 players from the following list that they would most like to see on the final VC ballot. This does not mean they have to vote for those players on the final ballot - we are just trying to whittle the ballot down a bit here.

--post ballot here--

Geez I don't mean to ruin things, but I would vote none.

Comment

In VC elections none votes don't count (not to disregard your opinion, but since so few people vote they hold disproportionate sway and the goal of the VC elections especially is to elect 'forgotten' people), but I'm setting a quorum of four for this one this time around ... and I'm not so sure we can even get that many.

Oh milladrive and Joe Rigatoni, why'd ya have to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
        In VC elections none votes don't count (not to disregard your opinion, but since so few people vote they hold disproportionate sway and the goal of the VC elections especially is to elect 'forgotten' people), but I'm setting a quorum of four for this one this time around ... and I'm not so sure we can even get that many.

Oh milladrive and Joe Rigatoni, why'd ya have to go.
        If forced to choose I would choose Benny Agbayani.

Comment

Since there are no blank ballots:

Bobby Parnell

Comment

For reason I stated in the Our Mets Hall of Fame Membership and Statistics I have to go with Joel Youngblood if anyone.

Although those were some bad teams in the late 70's the middle of the order was Maz, Youngblood, Henderson. When you heard that you thought you had a good chance to score some runs.

Also on a personal note - I remember being at Shea and waiting out a long rain delay. With probably 1500 people left in the stands I remember sitting with my feet up on the Met dugout (on a wet seat) on the very end closest to the Met on deck circle. I remember telling Youngblood about the next team he was going to play (the Cubs in Chicago), and he laughed and told me how much he liked Chicago. At the time I thought it was pretty cool he answered me at all.

Again to reiterate the post I referenced above. Joel Youngblood belongs in no HOF's for his play for sure, but I guess because I was a kid that late 70's team is etched in my mind. I knew they were bad but it didn't matter one iota Mazzili, Henderson, and Youngblood were getting us some runs.

This of course before I became the older cynical Met fan. That is one reason I like the Met HOF thing on this forum. I see a name like Youngblood or Pat Zachry and reminds me of being a kid and not thinking about the owner, the GM, who the Mets didn't get....etc etc. Everyday was a good day because the Mets had a game.

So I say Cowtipper keep up the good work.
            Last edited by Paulypal; 05-23-2016, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Youngblood was the best player on the 1979 Mets. That ain't saying much since the team lost 99 games that year. I can see a case for him as a sentimental favorite, but he really didn't do much for the team outside of 1979. Those were some terrible teams.

Comment

Bob Apodaca
                Randy Myers
                Steve Trachsel ... hey, we elected Niese, and Trachsel actually had two 15 win seasons with the club
                Joel Youngblood

Comment

Vote update:

Joel Youngblood ... 50%
                  Benny Agbayani ... 25%
                  Bob Apodaca ... 25%
                  Randy Myers ... 25%
                  Bobby Parnell ... 25%
                  Steve Trachsel ... 25%

Comment

Man, is this website dead.

We elected no one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                      Man, is this website dead.

We elected no one.
                      I was going to add a vote for Trachsel, but I see it wouldn't really matter in the end results.

Are active players in the Mets HOF?

Comment

Might as well add votes for these guys if possible.

Benny Agbayani
                        Bob Apodaca
                        Ike Davis
                        Nick Evans
                        Bernard Gilkey
                        Jason Isringhausen
                        Joe McEwing
                        Angel Pagan
                        Bobby Parnell
                        Joel Youngblood
                        Pat Zachry

Forgot to vote. Not sure if this makes a difference but what the heck.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

I'll include Mongoose's votes, though alas they don't push anyone over the 75% limit. jjpm74, we do have some active guys in the Hall of Fame ... off the top of my head I can think of David Wright, Daniel Murphy and Jon Niese.

As a result of this election, Rickey Henderson, Jason Isringhausen and Joe McEwing are no longer eligible for the VC.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X