X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets Sign Tebow.....

why?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...eague-contract

Why not? It's only an IL contract. No harm, and if he can play he will bring fans to see him at A and AA. I doubt he makes it to MLB. How many people in America have played in the NFL and in baseball, even in the minors. He isn't Deon or Bo, but he has to be a great athlete.

Personally, I like it.

Comment

In the midst of an August-September hot streak and the middle of a winning streak lets decide to have the team field some Tebow questions.

:stare:
      :disbelief:
      :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
      Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

He probably came cheap.

I'll bet Fred and Saul crunched the numbers and figured they could make more than they'd pay him just from merchandise.

If he makes the Cyclones they'll make even more.

But I don't mind. A better question might be, "Why not?".

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
          Why not? It's only an IL contract. No harm, and if he can play he will bring fans to see him at A and AA. I doubt he makes it to MLB. How many people in America have played in the NFL and in baseball, even in the minors. He isn't Deon or Bo, but he has to be a great athlete.

Personally, I like it.
          Originally posted by trepye View Post
          In the midst of an August-September hot streak and the middle of a winning streak lets decide to have the team field some Tebow questions.

:stare:
          :disbelief:
          Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
          He probably came cheap.

I'll bet Fred and Saul crunched the numbers and figured they could make more than they'd pay him just from merchandise.

If he makes the Cyclones they'll make even more.

But I don't mind. A better question might be, "Why not?".
          I just heard that Tebow and Cespedes share the same agent. That may be an underlying reason for taking on the Tebow circus.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
            I just heard that Tebow and Cespedes share the same agent. That may be an underlying reason for taking on the Tebow circus.
            I'm impressed Tebow has an agent. negotiating contracts for Dancing with the Stars and IL baseball must be tough business.

From the Mets perspective, this is a nothing to lose cash grab. Its really a no-brainer.

Comment

Tim T. Bow will make wonderful addition to 2016 World Champion Mets and I want to be at Citibank Field Stadium arena to see him hit four-base hits for NEW YORK METS of Nat'l League in New York.
              X
              What's THAT guy doing?
              - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                I'm impressed Tebow has an agent. negotiating contracts for Dancing with the Stars and IL baseball must be tough business.

From the Mets perspective, this is a nothing to lose cash grab. Its really a no-brainer.
                Syndergaard and deGrom also employ that agent, according to Chris Carlin, who went off on Tebow and the Mets for about 7-8 minutes on SNY today.
                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                  Syndergaard and deGrom also employ that agent, according to Chris Carlin, who went off on Tebow and the Mets for about 7-8 minutes on SNY today.
                  All the more reason to continue establishing a larger relationship with the agent.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X