Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cubs May Be Winners Now, But the Mets Are Still the Mets--THE RUMBLE PONIES???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cubs May Be Winners Now, But the Mets Are Still the Mets--THE RUMBLE PONIES???

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/s...name/93167166/

What. On. Earth.

What...who...WHY...the Rumble Ponies????? The Binghamton Mets wasn't cutting it? So much so it called for a new name, a cool name, a marketing-savvy name, a name that would inspire terror in the hearts opponents everywhere...

The Rumble Ponies???

And full disclosure--as I've said, I'm an Anaheim Ducks fan. Have been for all but a few years of their existence. I KNEW THEM as the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim for many years...and even THAT name beats Rumble Ponies! (As did their old logo, I wish they'd go back to that full-time instead of the webbed-D, which is fine but the Wild Wing mask is just so much more distinct and identifiable...but I digress.) And at least the Ducks had the excuse of being owned by Disney...why???

"The choice was between the Bullheads, Gobblers, Stud Muffins, Rumble Ponies, Timber Jockeys or Rocking Horses."

These are all, admittedly, terrible names (I'd even take the name of the Single-A affiliate team my family and I saw growing up, the Lancaster Jethawks, over Rumble Ponies...Jets, Hawks, not bad mascot ideas on their own, and Lancaster, CA's near Edwards Air Force Base and a lot of Aerospace stuff, hence the name) but in no way is Rumble Ponies the best of that bad lot. And anyway, I ask again--what was wrong with B-Mets? And if you wanted to change it just to get a few extra bucks--Rumble Ponies was the best choice for that? I mean, how many guys are gonna proudly wear "Rumble Ponies" stuff? And no judgment if you would, but still...Rumble Ponies.
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Marlins AA affiliate is now named the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp.

I played a travel ball tournament with a team called the "Fresh Horses". We sucked.
    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X