T.J. Rivera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.J. Rivera

Well, he's hitting .309/.397/.491 on the season so far; .314/.355/.468 over 156 career at bats the last 2 seasons.

The guy can hit Major League pitching. He's been a big contributor to the offense.

He needs to play.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Last night I was thinking "does he have a thread". I log in and lo and behold!! If I recall correctly when he came up it was noted that he hit in every level of the minors, so this is no fluke or small sample size blip.

At any rate, what is it with the Mets and IFers who can hit but don't have a fixed position: Jefferies, (to some extent) Magadan, Murphy, Flores and now TJ. I think, or hope, that the infield of the future contains Rivera, Flores and Rosario.

Comment

He is hitting so well now that he has to stay in the lineup when Duda is ready to play again. The team would be crazy to bench a hot bat for an unproven streaky entity coming off a significant wrist injury. I hope to see him in the lineup as long as he continues to hit. He is a good story: an undrafted player getting a legitimate shot as an MLB career. I hope he is the real deal and not a fluke like Nieuwenhuis was.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
        Well, he's hitting .309/.397/.491 on the season so far; .314/.355/.468 over 156 career at bats the last 2 seasons.

The guy can hit Major League pitching. He's been a big contributor to the offense.

He needs to play.
        Agreed - he may be that piece of unknown offense they needed. Lets hope he can maintain.

Comment

It is clear that this guy can hit. The big question is what is his position? He does not have enough power to be a 1st Baseman.

Comment

He is a very useful utility guy-pinch hitter. To the extent that it is an issue he is duplicative of Wilmer Flores.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X