Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donzblock
    replied
    Nggaaahhh! Nggaaahhhhh! Nyarlothotep! Cthulhu! Nggaaahhhh! Klark-Ash-Ton! No! No! NO!

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by Androctus
    Why dont we debate our perception of how Pat Burrell hits in the clutch for the next two weeks? Or we can see how many posts can be put in a single thread before we crash the forum?
    Burrell never hits in the clutch...it compliments his timid fielding.

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    I have employed the services of a priest to do an excorcism on this thread if it fails our only hope may be a wooden stake plunged into its cold black heart of darkness...
    Last edited by ed hardiman; 11-23-2005, 09:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johncap
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelSD
    Eh...no slobber, thanks. But I did start a thread on it.
    My mouse has only learned it's way to this thread. No matter how hard he tries he's unableto go anywehre else lately. Force of habit I guess.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Originally posted by johncap
    Come here Steel, let me kiss you on the forehead! Not that we want to see Thome go, but Howard has to win out in that duel and anything we get back is good news.
    Eh...no slobber, thanks. But I did start a thread on it.

Leave a comment:

• johncap
    replied
    BTW, guys. I'm hearing fairly credible rumors of Thome heading to the White Sox shortly. Just a heads-up.

Actually it appears that it'll be Thome for Rowand and a prospect arm.

If that's the case, it's a real good deal for the Phillies.
    Come here Steel, let me kiss you on the forehead! Not that we want to see Thome go, but Howard has to win out in that duel and anything we get back is good news.

Leave a comment:

• Androctus
    replied
    Come on, we're just geting warmed up here! Afterall, that's why they call it "Hot Stove"... What else can we kick around for the next few months?
    Why dont we debate our perception of how Pat Burrell hits in the clutch for the next two weeks? Or we can see how many posts can be put in a single thread before we crash the forum?

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    BTW, guys. I'm hearing fairly credible rumors of Thome heading to the White Sox shortly. Just a heads-up.

Actually it appears that it'll be Thome for Rowand and a prospect arm.

If that's the case, it's a real good deal for the Phillies.

Leave a comment:

• johncap
    replied
    Originally posted by donzblock
    Say nothing! I am having trouble turning the switch to the off position. I can't seem to---aaarrgh!
    Come on, we're just geting warmed up here! Afterall, that's why they call it "Hot Stove"... What else can we kick around for the next few months?

Leave a comment:

• johncap
    replied
    Originally posted by runningshoes53
    Hey guys.

I'm looking for a dead horse to beat and was told this is place to look.
    You found it. We'll give you Bobby "The Babe & Roberto Rolled Into One" Abreu for one Minnie Minoso autographed bat from his 7th decade as a player.

Leave a comment:

• johncap
    replied
    Originally posted by Androctus
    Don't panic! We have an emergency response team standing by to evacuate you from this thread. In the meantime, consult your HitchHikers Guide to Baseball Fever.
    Just don't step on the, er, um, clutch, that mythical, misunderstood term that doesn't really mean anything anyhow...

Leave a comment:

• Androctus
    replied
    Say nothing! I am having trouble turning the switch to the off position. I can't seem to---aaarrgh!
    Don't panic! We have an emergency response team standing by to evacuate you from this thread. In the meantime, consult your HitchHikers Guide to Baseball Fever.

Leave a comment:

• donzblock
    replied
    Say what?

Leave a comment:

• johncap
    replied
    And that's really the problem with the word "clutch" anyway. It's overused and erroneously assumed to be an additional skill set allowing a hitter to somehow "will" himself to create an incredibly meaningful event.
    Say what?

Leave a comment:

• Androctus
    replied
    We will have no cruelty to animals on this or any other site. I am ending his thread. As the Absolute Arbiter of Aery Assonance, I hereby officially and irrevocably end an issue involving the incomparable Abreu.
    I didnt know you had a Quadruple-A card..

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X