X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by donzblock
    And Einstein was an atheist. What happened to the point?
    Abreu's Gold Mitt makes a mockery of the award and debases future winners...indisputable.

Leave a comment:

• donzblock
    replied
    Originally posted by LP fan
    AND...God does not play dice with the universe......
    And Einstein was an atheist. What happened to the point?

Leave a comment:

• LP fan
    replied
    Originally posted by ed hardiman
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
    Albert Einstein
    AND...God does not play dice with the universe......

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by LP fan
    subjective versus objective........ there won't be any resolution....but looking at the actual data.......ed's getting a whacking on this thread
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
    Albert Einstein

Leave a comment:

• LP fan
    replied
    subjective versus objective........ there won't be any resolution....

but looking at the actual data.......ed's getting a whacking on this thread

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Abreu's never hits in the clutch...it compliments his timid fielding.

Leave a comment:

• donzblock
    replied
    Gentlemen, take it from the voice of reason, from someone who has practiced nothing but tact since arriving on this scene several years ago: we can have an intelligent discussion about this issue without resorting to insults. Yeah, the insults are fun, and we have had a ball throwing them at each other, but this thread is entering its adulthood right about now, and some of us are beginning to repeat our insults. Why don't we acknowledge that we all know how to fling them pretty well and stick to the point; that being Abreu's non-Golden Glovehood and the controversy about whether he can hit in the clutch.

Leave a comment:

• baseballPAP
    replied
    Update: There's a 39.39% chance your post will contain at least one insult to a BBF poster and a 100% certainty it's incorrect.
    What's your percentage of replying to something that no one said Ed? Somewhere in the high 90% range I would guess. If you can't take it when someone calls your bluff, please don't sit at the table with the big boys.

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelSD
    ibid
    Update: There's a 39.39% chance your post will contain at least one insult to a BBF poster and a 100% certainty it's incorrect.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Ignoring them?
    Your Post #90 was riddled with inaccuracy, myth, falsehood and demonstrated a severe baseball knowledge deficiency so I chose to try to help you out. My next response to you (Post #94) had nothing to do with anything but baseball (even though you made a number of ridiculous claims). So, what was your reply to Post #94?

Oh, wait…you didn’t have a reply, Ed. But then, that’s your M.O. isn’t it?

In fact, during this entire thread, you’ve simply ignored anything that speaks to baseball and have done nothing but attempt to escalate a baseball discussion into something you think you can better handle with your incessant monotonous grade school antics. You continue to claim the high road but play in the gutter. Obviously you agree with me about how childish you’ve been or you wouldn’t have edited your quote in Post #150 to read “…” instead of 100 lines of “blah blah blah” after Ravenlord called you to the mat on your lacking maturity (a right claim to be sure). Seriously, if you’re going to choose to post as if you were a little child, at least attempt to be man enough to leave that post as it was initially written.

I mean, it’s great that you can cut-and-paste from dictionary.com and use Microsoft Word spellcheck. Every 12-year-old should have that skill, even if they have a better idea of how to apply those words to real life than you do. But you can’t find enough places to steal from to replace the baseball knowledge you lack. That’s quite absurd considering your continued attempts at misplaced chest-thumping bravado. I’d actually sympathize with your plight were you not so entirely focused on doing nothing but switching up a baseball conversation into the kind of low-level juvenile smack you use when completely outmatched as to subject matter knowledge.

As I mentioned earlier, you didn’t need to continue posting in order to solidify our understanding of what you don’t know about baseball. You nailed that one down the moment you first posted to this thread and have since simply continued to remind us of that fact.

Yet you presume to go on the offensive against baseballPAP? Your character should be insulted when you do that for he has infinitely more ability to process information (and he ain't a "stat geek" BTW) than you. In fact, I'd trust baseballPAP's observations well before I'd trust yours because yours have proven to be completely irrelevant and nonsensical. If I awoke form a ten-year coma, I'd trust PAP to tell me what happened as I have no doubt that you'd describe an Earth that was flat and a moon that was made of green cheese. At a baseball game, my cup of beer could tell me more about what's happening than you. My nachos could give me more insight as to the game state than you could. My bratwurst would pass on more relevant feedback as to what just happened than would you.

In short, you have nothing to add to an actual baseball discussion. That's a point. And it's irrefutable.

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by baseballPAP
    I guess there's little chance that you live in a glass house, is there Ed?
    None whatsoever.
    Your problem in this thread began (not counting your refusal to at least give some credit to the numbers) when Steel said you were ignorant. A word with a negative connotation sure, but it was never meant as an insult.
    Actually it started with him calling other BBF posters ignorant I'm sure you'll rationalize that as another example of his exemplary behavior. Perhaps you have equally bland explanations for his use of "common, childish, dummies, oblivious, cat feces, clueless, uninformed, dishonest, dumb, daft, lazy, stupid in post numbered: 61, 62, 66, 73, 80, 83, 140, 149, 151, 158, & 159 in this thread.
    It was meant to say that you don't like what the numbers show you, so you are IGNORING them.
    Ignoring them? I'm not required to worship, accept or even care what he posts. Nor am I proscribed from posting my opinion even if it does the unthinkable in your puddle and contravenes his. He's welcome to vehemently disagree in return but he is not welcome to assault my character, intelligence or ability to comprehend. In doing so he violates not only the decorum expected in this forum he violates its rules.
    That is a fact.
    Are you being ironic? Fact actually means: Knowledge or information based on real occurrences something refreshingly lacking in this ad hominem attack.
    From there, you chose to take that as the first shot fired in an imaginary war, and started hurling insults.
    Your premise suffers in both substance and chronology.
    And now, like anyone who is losing the war (and all the battles),
    Says who?
    you're trying to throw out all the posts which hurt your feelings, while ignoring your own.
    No I stand by what I've written as accurate and until such time as he or anyone else eschews insulting me by name or insinuation as well as other members in this forum I will continue to confront such behavior.
    Bravo, you'd make an excellent White House PR guy.
    Ending strong with a non-sequitur. I'll reciprocate: Kudos, you'd make an excellent toll booth collector.

Leave a comment:

• baseballPAP
    replied
    I'm just quoting your stats there's a 37.50% chance your post will contain at least one insult to a BBF poster and a 100% certainty it's incorrect.
    I guess there's little chance that you live in a glass house, is there Ed?

Your problem in this thread began (not counting your refusal to at least give some credit to the numbers) when Steel said you were ignorant. A word with a negative connotation sure, but it was never meant as an insult. It was meant to say that you don't like what the numbers show you, so you are IGNORING them. That is a fact. From there, you chose to take that as the first shot fired in an imaginary war, and started hurling insults. And now, like anyone who is losing the war (and all the battles), you're trying to throw out all the posts which hurt your feelings, while ignoring your own. Bravo, you'd make an excellent White House PR guy.

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelSD
    Another post replete with gratuitous insults
    I'm just quoting your stats there's a 37.50% chance your post will contain at least one insult to a BBF poster and a 100% certainty it's incorrect.
    Last edited by ed hardiman; 11-18-2005, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Originally posted by Androctus
    By learning of course you mean we submit to your statistical bludgeoning of our collective intellect and admit you are absolutely correct and we are all wrong? Is that what it will take for you to go away?
    Considering that you haven't appropriately responded to anything I've posted- including a heaping helping of non-statistical real baseball information- I wouldn't take such an admittance on your part to mean anything other than what I already knew coming in:

You're simply overmatched in an actual baseball discussion when you have folks other than Ed's ilk lurking. Ed acknowledged that he was overmatched the moment he posted word one in this thread. Neither of you need to admit that because it's not in question. In fact, I wonder why you and Ed don't just avoid the thread altogether because there IS actual baseball that's being discussed here regardless of Ed's recent M.O. of childishly ranting and carrying on about nothing, which is designed to tangent us all away from the fact that he possesses little actual baseball knowledge.

It's easy to mindlessly parrot "Stats suck! Stats don't tell the whole story! Bwraaaaak!" It's more difficult to understand their relevance when applied to the baseball you claim to be watching. But watch on. Maybe someday you'll figure out what it is you're actually seeing. If so, one day you'll be able to actually add something to a baseball discussion rather than to detract from it.

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by Androctus
    ...By learning of course you mean we submit to your statistical bludgeoning of our collective intellect and admit you are absolutely correct and we are all wrong? Is that what it will take for you to go away?
    I hope I'm not putting words in your mouth or misinterpreting you by agreeing.
    I'd hate to cause the non-moderator of this forum to further defend indefensible behavior. In 30 of his 31 total on BBF posts SD has failed to grasp personal attacks are against BBF rules. In this particular thread alone he has in post number: 61, 62, 66, 73, 80, 83, 140, 149, 151, 158, & 159 unequivocally called BBF members "common, childish, ignorant, dummies, oblivious, cat feces, clueless, uninformed, dishonest, dumb, daft, lazy, stupid and other equally disparaging phrases. All of which a non-moderator of this post found less intolerable than the phrase "I agree" SD's use of such blatantly obnoxious characterizations are an unacceptable affront to those of us posting in this forum so I don't care if a non-moderator counts backwards from 100 let alone 3, or even what song they're listening to my behavior is not the problem SD's is. After all baseball ain't stats it's mitts, balls, and bats. Abreu isn't the worst Phillie that honor belongs elsewhere and reiteration of cut and pasted "research" is not discourse nor does it indicate depth or scope of reason. If this rankles him or his friend too damn bad.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X