Why Not Hinske?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SportStarMarc
    Paying a contract for starters? Making a deal, unloading Hamels or Rollins-heck i'd rather see Sandoval out there myself. And how many games have the Sox won since the Hinske trade? Who struck out on 3 straight pitches with 1 out and the bases loaded for the win? uh yeah before u jump on me, evaluate hinske's progress right now. i DID say he wont help anyone, and as of right now, according tothe Sox record, he HASNT. sure the sox will win some more games and they must really suck if after such a minor deal they would have a losing record (so i expect them to turn over a new leaf) but as of this moment, my comments have held up
    I think I just heard your mom calling you in for lunch.

Comment

I find it quite hard to say that Hinske wouldnt have helped anyone in the league out, to some teams any player can help them out and make them a little better than they were. aka Royals, learn what youre talking about. And as far as Hinske in Boston, Rome wasnt built in a day, and you cant expect Hinske to come in there and be the Red Sox savior, I think the only person thinking he would or should have done that is you. Have a nice day.

Ken

Comment

Paying a contract for starters? Making a deal, unloading Hamels or Rollins-heck i'd rather see Sandoval out there myself. And how many games have the Sox won since the Hinske trade? Who struck out on 3 straight pitches with 1 out and the bases loaded for the win? uh yeah before u jump on me, evaluate hinske's progress right now. i DID say he wont help anyone, and as of right now, according tothe Sox record, he HASNT. sure the sox will win some more games and they must really suck if after such a minor deal they would have a losing record (so i expect them to turn over a new leaf) but as of this moment, my comments have held up
        Are you seriously kidding me? Trade Rollins or Hamels? You dont know the Phillies man, Sandoval is god awful, youre team can have him for a bag of balls for all I care, Hamels? He's the top Phillies young stud pitcher who has nasty stuff and shows signs that he could be one of the next great Philly Pitchers. To use them as an example as trade bait to get a guy like Joe Randa or some other old thirdbaseman who is done is simply retarded IMO. And the rest of the stud thirdbaseman who are out there are not avalible what so ever. I.E. Zimmerman and Wright or their asking price is way to high. Let me guess you think we should trade Ryan Howard and Chase Utley to Kansas City for Mark Tien, we need a thirdbaseman that bad, youre a joke SportstarMarc.

Comment

I wouldn't mind unloading Rollins for Saltalamacchia or a good 3B prospect at all..and thats Teahen. But seriously, I don't see what's wrong with trading someone like Burrell or Rollins (Lane is struggling) to HOU for ensberg or huff

Comment

I wouldn't mind unloading Rollins for Saltalamacchia or a good 3B prospect at all..and thats Teahen. But seriously, I don't see what's wrong with trading someone like Burrell or Rollins (Lane is struggling) to HOU for ensberg or huff
            You're kidding right? Houston wouldn't give the Phillies Ensberg's broken bat for Burrell. And Rollins is going no where. He's the least of the Phils' problems. You trade him you just open up another problem spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Gomes
              Are you seriously kidding me? Trade Rollins or Hamels? You dont know the Phillies man, Sandoval is god awful, youre team can have him for a bag of balls for all I care, Hamels? He's the top Phillies young stud pitcher who has nasty stuff and shows signs that he could be one of the next great Philly Pitchers. To use them as an example as trade bait to get a guy like Joe Randa or some other old thirdbaseman who is done is simply retarded IMO. And the rest of the stud thirdbaseman who are out there are not avalible what so ever. I.E. Zimmerman and Wright or their asking price is way to high. Let me guess you think we should trade Ryan Howard and Chase Utley to Kansas City for Mark Tien, we need a thirdbaseman that bad, youre a joke SportstarMarc.
              Sandoval is not god-awful, he's a kid. I underestimated Nick Punto a few years ago and he's become quite an asset for the Twins, so I'm not gonna rip anymore young infielders.

Comment

Originally posted by johncap
                Sandoval is not god-awful, he's a kid. I underestimated Nick Punto a few years ago and he's become quite an asset for the Twins, so I'm not gonna rip anymore young infielders.
                Ok, you wont, but I will hahaha

But what about perhaps trying to go out and trade for a guy like Aramis Ramirez, if the asking price is not too high.

Comment

But what about perhaps trying to go out and trade for a guy like Aramis Ramirez, if the asking price is not too high.
                  Ramiriez was there for the taking from the Pirates in '03 and old Ed Wade, remember him, just let him go on by.

Alas, he let the Cards STEAL Jim Edmonds, which STILL burns my butt! Troy Glaus coulda been here relatively cheaply twice.

Of course had this organization operated differently, Scott Rolen could still be at 3B, Schilling couldv've anchored the rotation for the last 10 years, whoever they SHOULD have drafted when they wasted the pick on Drew might be here, and thus Chase Utley proably would not be. But then this belongs in my fantasy posting, and not here....

Danny Sandoval is 2-2 tonight as I type this.

Comment

Never fear, Jose Hernandez will be here! Another Latino scrubo infielder to add to the heap! What exactly was the point of this move, unless, shriek, Utley is really hurt....

Comment

I dont know, I saw on ESPN he was utility player overall and could play some outfield...just incase Victorino, Delluci, or Burrell goes down.

Comment

I dont know, I saw on ESPN he was utility player overall and could play some outfield...just incase Victorino, Delluci, or Burrell goes down.
                        He also has the record (well last I checked..someone may have broken it in the past couple of years) for Ks in a season.

Comment

I miss read ESPN sorry boys.

Comment

John

Sandoval is a bum...I'll say it

Plus I think we have a much more heralded SS in Pakovich

Comment

Originally posted by Imapotato
                              John

Sandoval is a bum...I'll say it

Plus I think we have a much more heralded SS in Pakovich
                              That's a ridiculous comment.

Comment

Hmm... we know my feelings about Sandoval, same goes for that bum Rick White.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X