This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies Aquire Jamie Moyer

Phillies Aquired Jamie Moyer today for two minor leaguers, could he be the man to help get us over the hump and into the Playoffs?

--As a Mariners (and Moyer) fan I hope so. Jamie doesn't have much left though. He has pitched okay in spacious Safeco, but been very homer prone on the road and truely horrible in hitters parks. He doesn't get very deep in games either. He also depends heavily on his defense. If yours is good (which I have no idea on), especially in the outfield, then he could help. If not, he is not going to be successfull.

Comment

The Phillies have an alright defense in the outfield, Rowand is great, Burrell has his moments and so does Victorino and Dellucci, but Citizen's bank park is homerun heaven. So who knows.

Comment

Quite ironic. I saw his boxscore the other day and actually thought to myself, perhaps now, at the end of his career, a surprisingly good and long one, perhaps he'd end it at home. I hope he can keep it in the park cause if he gives up fly balls, they're gonna be homers in our bandbox.

Comment

Wow, this is a surprise. I think Moyer will provide a boost to the Phillies. They seem to have about as good of a chance as anybody to win the wildcard.
          "I never saw anyone like Ty Cobb. No one even close to him. He was the greatest all time ballplayer. That guy was superhuman, amazing."
          -Casey Stengel

Comment

I wish Moyer well but don't see how this can pan out.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark
              --As a Mariners (and Moyer) fan I hope so. Jamie doesn't have much left though. He has pitched okay in spacious Safeco, but been very homer prone on the road and truely horrible in hitters parks. He doesn't get very deep in games either. He also depends heavily on his defense. If yours is good (which I have no idea on), especially in the outfield, then he could help. If not, he is not going to be successfull.
              He is consistant as all get-out.

You know that when he gets on the mound, you get 6 innings with 3-5 runs. That was how he was for us.
              go M's/BSox :gt

There is no "I" in "team."
              But there is an "I" in "win."

If you like football as much as baseball, then www.pigskin-fever.com is for you.

Comment

Originally posted by cbenson5
                They seem to have about as good of a chance as anybody to win the wildcard.
                And the basis for the Phillies having a chance is what, exactly? Does the last 130 and some odd years have any bearing on how this season will end for them? I think so. I wouldn't be making vacation plans around a baseball post-season if I were a Phillies' fan. Oh, I am, er, sort of am, and I'm not! (Did that make sense?) Trust me, with Burrell still here, and the weakness in Lieberthal and at 3B, ain't happenin' as Jimmy would say. And as much as I love seeing a guy like Chris Coste doing what he's doing, lest we forget he's a 33 year old rookie/career minor leaguer. Even he can't overcome the albatross that is Mike Lieberthal although playing every other day does seem to be juicing, um, poor choice of words, Old Mike.

Comment

Message to Phillies fans: You better not boo Moyer if he doesn't go for a perfect game his first start. You will most likely get 6 innings with 3-5 runs. Enjoy.

Comment

We will do as we please, he knows if he performs poorly he's going to hear it...simple as that. We'll cheer our hearts out for him if he performs wonderfully, thats how we are here in Philly, and if you dont live here or youre not a phillies fans, you can't really appreciate it. Sure its a town that will boo you till you cry, but also cheer you till you cry. Thank you,

Ken

Comment

--You guys are alot more famous for the booing part though .

Comment

OMG, you totally lost out on this one!
                        Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark
                          --You guys are alot more famous for the booing part though .
                          Gee, what you read somewhere that we booed Santa 35 years ago?

Comment

for a waiver wire deal, this is a top of the line pickup. moyer might be coming to the end of the road career-wise, but who on the phils staff is any better?

as a philly native and red sox fan, the red sox doin what they are, and the phillies scoring boatloads, i'm following the phillies closer than i ever have.

not a season clincher at all, but given the phils' staff, that's a great pickup
                            Gelatin Fernandalism

Comment

Originally posted by PhilWings24
                              for a waiver wire deal, this is a top of the line pickup. moyer might be coming to the end of the road career-wise, but who on the phils staff is any better?

as a philly native and red sox fan, the red sox doin what they are, and the phillies scoring boatloads, i'm following the phillies closer than i ever have.

not a season clincher at all, but given the phils' staff, that's a great pickup
                              The Phils' pen is sufficient enough that barring anyone else blowing up and causing them to have to throw a lot of innings, if they can get 5+ quality innings from Moyer, compared to what they were getting from Mathieson, it's a good move.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X