This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ubiquitous
    I'm a philly basher because I stick up for Abreu?
    No becuase you make statements about the team when you have not watched the Phillies recently. Watch this team everyday and then make an opinion, its like me watching an inning of a Royals game and then making descisions that I cant grab from watching one small snippet of the game, with you it's always a "well Philly doesnt know how to treat talent" or "Philly fans wouldnt know a great player if it hit them on the head" Let me tell you something, we loved Rolen when he was here, then he wanted out, who would cheer a guy who didnt want to be on the team? Its not that we dont know how to treat great guys, it's that we always have talent, but we cant get into the playoffs, every year its the same thing here, false hope, we are promised the playoffs and end up missing by a game or two. Who wouldnt get upset with that? Why did we boo Bobby? Becuase he didnt seem to play like he really cared, and dont tell me he did becuase it didnt, he may have but it didnt seem like it, not when you have guys like Aaron Rowand and Chase Utley who give up their bodies and play all but some five games the season, well rowand is hurt, but he played everyday he was healthy. When Rolen come to Philly he still gets some cheers, and thats the truth, I was at the vet when he came back to Philly for the first time and it was about half cheers for a guy who wasnt on the team anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Gomes
      I think thats how a lot of baseball teams fans are, they get mad when player doesnt do well, look at New York and Rodriguez, and look how they booed Maris when he was having one of the best years HR wise in Yankee History, sure it's easy to cheer a Jeter or Jordan, they're teams win and won on a consitent basis and won championships. We have not booed Utley, or Howard, and I dont think we ever will. If you checked my post I didnt just state we cheered Kahlis, I also named others.
      Your comments make my points with Ubiqitous. Why does ARod get booed and Jeter cheered., Why did Jordan get universally cheered? Not because of their numbers, because of their personalitites and how they were perceived by the fans. ARod is seen a aloof, almost Schmidt-like. Jeter is Mr Smiles, as Jordan was. Give Abreu a year in NY (or a couple of alligator-arms plays) and they'll be on him like dog-on-stink too.

Comment

Oh and let's not talk about the whole beating up of the other teams fans, your own fans, and hey it is opening day lets punch somebody traditions that go on in Philly. I'm sure they all had good causes and were perfectly justified in doing that.
        Last time I checked there were not fans running onto the fields and hitting basecoaches, or any fighting in the fans in numerous years, the last one I recall was the game with the eagles and 49ers where there was a brawl in the stands between a bunch of drunked fans. It's a shame that people's veiws are totally based on Media veiws on Philadelphia fans, did we throw things at Barry Bonds like they did in LA and San Diego? No we didnt. Who are the two guys we hate the most in Philly? J.D. Drew and Chipper Jones. Drew, we all know that story, but Chipper, who wouldnt boo a guy who was the best player on your NL Rival?

Comment

Just look at the total lack of class exhibited in NY when Utley was on his hitting streak. In Philly, anyone but Bonds, Chipper or a handful of others would have received knowing applause for bringing that kind of accomplishment to town. The same fan behavior goes on in every major league city, and far worse has happened elsewhere than in Philly. It's just sport with the presss to bring it up when it happens here.

The WORST behaved fans I've EVER seen in a baseball stadium was in San Diego of all places. The Philles were up like 13-2 and it was awful there. Nasty, foul... Aside from all the, um, blondes, it was an awful place to be with a kid in tow.

Comment

Originally posted by johncap
            What are you smoking? Or have you never been to a ball game any where else, or here for that matter?

Ah yes, and I haven't been in any other city that compares to the violence I have seen in Philly. Perhaps in the 70's but I wasn't around. I've been to ball games in Philly, NY, NJ, Chicago, Dallas, Baltimore, Milwaukee, and LA. I've never seen anything like it, though I never went to the Meadowlands.

It's a shame that people's veiws are totally based on Media veiws on Philadelphia fans, did we throw things at Barry Bonds like they did in LA and San Diego?
            My perception of Philly fans are not based on the media but what I have seen in the 6 years I went to ball games and lived in Philadelphia.

Comment

My perception of Philly fans are not based on the media but what I have seen in the 6 years I went to ball games and lived in Philadelphia.
              Your perceptometer needs repair as well.

Comment

Ah yes, and I haven't been in any other city that compares to the violence I have seen in Philly. Perhaps in the 70's but I wasn't around. I've been to ball games in Philly, NY, NJ, Chicago, Dallas, Baltimore, Milwaukee, and LA. I've never seen anything like it, though I never went to the Meadowlands.
                You obviously havn't been to Tallaght in west Co. Dublin.
                Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

www.greystonesbaseball.org

Comment

that is why Imapotato is my hero, he says whats on his mind, doesnt candy coat anything like everyone on here does. Thats how I like to be on here, speak my mind, and for that, Imapotato is the man on this site...Good Day,

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Go Gomes
                    that is why Imapotato is my hero, he says whats on his mind, doesnt candy coat anything like everyone on here does. Thats how I like to be on here, speak my mind, and for that, Imapotato is the man on this site...Good Day,

Ken
                    Yes, however, Grey Poupon is passé.

Comment

Well one reason I quit being the Philly Mod...had to hold my tongue all the time...and I despise that...my greatest strength and my greatest weakness

But if Gomes or Johncap want the job be my guest...lol

and yes I dated myself with the Poupon joke John

Comment

Originally posted by Imapotato
                        Well one reason I quit being the Philly Mod...had to hold my tongue all the time...and I despise that...my greatest strength and my greatest weakness
                        Ironically, there are expectations on each and every member to "hold their tongue" (your words) to some extend.

There is not room in this thread, this forum or on this site for personal attacks or name calling. Please understand Imapotato that just because you are no longer a Mod, you still must abide by the forum rules.

So let's do this, let's keep the content of this thread on the topic of Jamie Moyer and the positive.. or negative impact he might have on his new team.
                        BELIEVE

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X