Wait 'til next year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait 'til next year!

I will commend them on having a pretty good second half of the season. But that won't cut it fully. They have had lousy first half the past few seasons, and forced them to work uphill the rest of the season. As they say "you can't win a World Series in May, but you sure can loose it!"

So what do we do for next year? Can Manuel? Trade Burrell? Keep Conine? Try to get Aramis Ramirez? How about Coste? Can we survive with Myers as our Ace?

Many questions.....Good luck Mr. Gillick
    "You teach me baseball and I'll teach you relativity...No we must not. You will learn about relativity faster than I learn baseball."
    --Albert Einstein
    "Jimmy Connors plays two tennis matches and winds up with $850,000, and Muhammad Ali fights for one bout and winds up with five million bucks. Me, I play 190 games--if you count exhibitions -- and I'm overpaid!?"
    --Johnny Bench

Keep Manual. Trade Burrel. Try to get A-Ram. Get bullpen help. Maybe find another starter.

Comment

Pitching..it's all about pitching. Always has..always will with the Phillies.

Comment

Originally posted by Judway
        Keep Manual. Trade Burrel. Try to get A-Ram. Get bullpen help. Maybe find another starter.
        Insane advice. There is no reason on earth to keep Manual. He cannot make out a line-up card, bring in the right pitcher, make the double switch; he continued to play Burrell and Lieberthal when those two were doing nothing but killing the Phils. He started Wolf in a crucial game that Wolf had no business being in. He cannot speak coherently. He cannot see very well, either. To be kind, he is so stupid that he makes Francona look good. In fact, now that Manual has been retained for the 2007 season, isn't it a tradition around here to eliminate the Phillies as early as possible? How can the Phillies possibly win if they are being managed by the man with marbles in his mouth and god knows what in his head?

Comment

What about that guy from Japan, the pitcher who was the MVP of the WBC. I've always wanted to Phillies to go after a japanese player and see what happens. Your guys thoughts on going after some foreign talent.

Comment

First priority should be Get rid of overpaid, overrated Lieber!
            Aaron Rowand: ANOTHER SEASON IN PHILLY! CRASH, NUMBER 33, CRASH!

I dare you to bunt on me. Seriously. Do it. You'll be out faster than you can swing the bat

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X