I got a question for you all?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a question for you all?

What do Kenny Lofton, Marlon Anderson, Billy Wagner, Julio Franco, Endy Chavez, Scott Rolen, Josh Hancock, Gary Bennett, Todd Jones, Placido Polanco, Corey Lidle, Bobby Abreu, Sal Fasano, Carlos Silva, Nick Punto all have in common?

They are the 15 ex-Phillies who are playing for other teams in the post season right now.

Think about that... Corey Lidle SP; Carlos Silva SP; Josh Hancock RP; Todd Jones RP; Billy Wagner RP
    Sal Fasano C; Gary Bennett C
    Julio Franco 1B
    Placido Polanco 2B
    Scott Rolen 3B
    Nick Punto SS
    Marlon Anderson OF; Kenny Lofton OF; Bobby Abreu OF; Endy Chavez OF

and for fun...Larry Bowa MGR/third base coach.

makes you think a little bit, huh?

Yeah, and Rudy Seanez is pitching in the post-season.. Who cares? Some of those guys had to leave for a reason, and some were dealt to acquire good players... You just cant look at it that way.

Comment

If i start naming the ex Marlin Players that are in Post Season right now it would be a long list. At least Phillis did this to get better player or they were free agents but the Marlins have had two fire sales in the last nine years after two World Series. think about that.

Comment

It makes me think that its no big deal, when some of those guys were here in Philly they were the same they are now, just they now happen to be in the playoffs. Some of those guys are journeymen who just happened to spend a season or two with the Phillies. I bet we could go to numerous teams and make a list of guys who used to be on the team who are in the playoffs. Plus some of those guys you named arent what I would call upper echelon calibur players.

Comment

We're tickled pink that Endy Chavez and Cory Lidle aren't in red pinstripes! In Chavez' case it only proves that blind squirrells do occasionally find nuts. And in Lidle's case it proves that it ISN'T the pinstripes that make a Yankee.

Comment

At least your organization never had guys like Michael Young, Chris Carpenter and Cesar Izturis but dealt them before they could develop.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianKid
              At least your organization never had guys like Michael Young, Chris Carpenter and Cesar Izturis but dealt them before they could develop.
              Yea, RIGHT!

How about Ferguson Jenkins & Ryne Sandberg, just to name two, both in the HOF as Cubs. Sandberg was a throw in on a deal and Jenkins was traded for a trio of 68 year old pitchers! Every team has players around that they either gave up on, didn't see the virtue in or were bilked out of.

Fact is, we're VERY lucky Ryan Howard is here because the organEYEzation, as you would call it, didn't think he was a prospect. If Thome didn't get hurt last year, he'd have NEVER gotten a shot here.

Comment

In respect to the Blue Jays, you never really know how well a player is going to develope. Look at some of the guys that were said to be great prospects, the next so and so, but never developed, its a mixed bag.

Comment

Originally posted by nikihoi
                  What do Kenny Lofton, Marlon Anderson, Billy Wagner, Julio Franco, Endy Chavez, Scott Rolen, Josh Hancock, Gary Bennett, Todd Jones, Placido Polanco, Corey Lidle, Bobby Abreu, Sal Fasano, Carlos Silva, Nick Punto all have in common?

They are the 15 ex-Phillies who are playing for other teams in the post season right now.

Think about that... Corey Lidle SP; Carlos Silva SP; Josh Hancock RP; Todd Jones RP; Billy Wagner RP
                  Sal Fasano C; Gary Bennett C
                  Julio Franco 1B
                  Placido Polanco 2B
                  Scott Rolen 3B
                  Nick Punto SS
                  Marlon Anderson OF; Kenny Lofton OF; Bobby Abreu OF; Endy Chavez OF

and for fun...Larry Bowa MGR/third base coach.

makes you think a little bit, huh?

What exactly is the "...question for you all?"
                  "I believe in the soul ... the small of a woman's back, the hanging curveball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter."

Comment

Uhhh, you answered your own question in the first post nikihoi.:noidea

Comment

*Greg Maddux
                      Nomar Garciaparra
                      Ramon Martinez
                      Kenny Lofton
                      Steve Trachsel
                      *Todd Walker
                      *Neifi Perez
                      *Phil Nevin
                      Rondell White
                      Kyle Farnsworth
                      Miguel Cairo

All played or are still playing this post season, and all were former cubs..

* notates players who played for the cubs this year... which is nothing more than a sign of a team out of contention and unloading on some of the players they did not plan to have around next year...

and Go Gomes pointed out... many teams can compose a list as long if not longer... that is just the business of todays game.
                      BELIEVE

Comment

And I got a question for you?

Would the Phillies still be playing if they hadn't traded Polanco for a guy sitting in prision in South America and if they had hired Leyland like the fans begged? Methinks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X