610 Wip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 610 Wip

Just curious as to your thoughts on WIP Phillies fans, I know I listen a good amount. I'm just setting up a thread to rant, or agree with the stuff that comes out of Eskin, Cataldi, Martorano, Gargano etc. mouths.
    Last edited by W_Marone; 10-09-2006, 08:57 PM.

While listening today they played a clip from sunday night of when Randy Wolf confronted Martorano about how WIP hates the Phillies, and Huge Douglas didnt even know who Randy Wolf was, he was doing the show with Martorano. Then this morning Cataldi states the obvious, Wolf is a Jackass and maybe he'd get some respect if he pitched a couple good games down the stretch. I completly agree with Angelo on this one, Randy Wolf is a joke, he can't pitch past the 5th and left too much strain on the already weak bullpen, its ridiculous to hear that the Phillies may resign him, where would I like to see Wolf next year? Far Far from Philadelphia.

Comment

WIP is a nice station if you like football.

Ever since Jody McDonald started with Sportstalk 950 I haven't listened to Eskin at all.

Comment

Yeah, it really is more of a Phillies bashing station. Yeah, Eskin is terrible IMO.

Comment

WIP gives the Phillies exactly what they deserve: pure hell. Randy Wolf yelled at Glen Macnow for being so negative about this team, but how could Glen be anything but, and how could Wolf expect anything but? How can anybody be positive about a team that has gone to the playoffs once since 1983 and then only because players like Dykstra cheated by using steroids? How can anybody be positive when a team retains a manager who is grossly unequipped to do the job? And how many of you imagine that the Phillies will actually reinvest the $40 million they will save in salaries in 2007? Is there anybody out there who believes that this team is sincerely committed to putting a winner on the field? By retaining Manual, hasn't Gillick proved that he is not his own man? WIP should rake the Phillies over the coals, and so should Jody's station.

Comment

I haven't listened to WIP in a long time. When I did it felt like it was all Eagles and Sixers. I'm sure now that the baseball season (in Philly) is over, it's not going to be any better. Maybe I'll give them a try again in May once Iverson is traded.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Thinslow
              WIP gives the Phillies exactly what they deserve: pure hell. Randy Wolf yelled at Glen Macnow for being so negative about this team, but how could Glen be anything but, and how could Wolf expect anything but? How can anybody be positive about a team that has gone to the playoffs once since 1983 and then only because players like Dykstra cheated by using steroids? How can anybody be positive when a team retains a manager who is grossly unequipped to do the job? And how many of you imagine that the Phillies will actually reinvest the $40 million they will save in salaries in 2007? Is there anybody out there who believes that this team is sincerely committed to putting a winner on the field? By retaining Manual, hasn't Gillick proved that he is not his own man? WIP should rake the Phillies over the coals, and so should Jody's station.
              I agree 100%

The Phillies don't deserve anything positive. They come out with thwe most idiotic PR and then refuse to go on the air. I listen to The FAN all the time and the NY team's front office is open and honest and willing to stand up. The Phillies are a disgrace as always, and there's no reason for the station or personalities to paint it any other way.

And, fact is, there's little talk about the Phillies here because there's seldom anything to talk about. I listen to The FAN because they ALWAYS talk baseball. even if is the 'Ets and the Evil Empire.

Everyone pray after me:

Please God, let Pat Croce put together a group to buy the Phillies. Please, please please. I'll never again curse at Scott Rolen, or laugh when someone throws batteries at Drew.

Comment

My favorite part of WIP is when the guys from the KiddChris show call in and give em' hell.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X