Soriano in red Pinstripes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soriano in red Pinstripes?

Just read on ESPN insider that the Phillies are going to strongly pursue Soriano and throw big money his way..........

By the way...they are looking at sheffield too, but right now I beleive he is the second option.

FrOM INSIDER:

Bidding war?
    Nov 1 - The Phillies plan to offer Alfonso Soriano big money, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports. To sign the left fielder, the Phils may have to outbid the Mets, the franchise that beat them out in recent years for free-agent pitchers Tom Glavine and Billy Wagner, PhillyBurbs.com reports.
    According to the Washington Post, Soriano is seeking a similar contract to the one Carlos Beltran signed with the Mets before the 2005 season, which was for seven years and $119 million. The Phillies could open with a five-year offer for $80 million.

The Orioles, according to a team source, began preliminary discussions with Soriano, and were surprised by the free agent's initial contract demands, the Post reports. It's unlikely the Orioles will be in the running for Soriano if he doesn't back off his demands. Teams can begin bidding on free agents until Nov. 12.
    Last edited by W_Marone; 11-01-2006, 04:45 PM.

Yeah, who isn't, oh, and if you can lock him up for hmm 7 years 120 million like Beltran I'll laugh the hell of out me!

He thinks he can get that (and he will), damn, the guy's 30!
    He's definately overrated.

Why would you need him anyway? Burrell, Victorino, Delluci sounds good.
    Cristobal

Comment

uhhh no it really doesnt....Burrell is terrible....and there are teams I'm sure, who arent interested in him, not for what he wants. But yeah the Phillies are going to offer him something around a 5 year 80 million contract to start off and go from there. And I also beleive Dellucci only wants to be with the Phillies if he can start, hmmmm..... what made me laugh, Soriano turning down that big deal from your nationals. ZING! hahaha (that was a joke by the way)
      Last edited by W_Marone; 11-01-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

If Soriano where to go to the Philys , he would look like Kenny Lofton when he was with the Phils

Comment

Phillies....and what do you mean? Physically look like Kenny Lofton?

Comment

Originally posted by Go Gomes
            Phillies....and what do you mean? Physically look like Kenny Lofton?
            Speed and facial ressemblance wise (no racial comment intended here)
            Cristobal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz-06

Ack! I wouldnt want to go into a season with that as my starting outfield!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz-06
                Yeah, who isn't, oh, and if you can lock him up for hmm 7 years 120 million like Beltran I'll laugh the hell of out me!

He thinks he can get that (and he will), damn, the guy's 30!
                He's definately overrated.

You're kidding right? At least about the Burrell part...

Comment

Originally posted by TheKingofKings
                  If Soriano where to go to the Philys , he would look like Kenny Lofton when he was with the Phils
                  Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by johncap
                    Huh?
                    My thoughts exactly, make that:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X