Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Then Come the Pipedreams...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Then Come the Pipedreams...

    ...or is it propoganda?

    Also today on Yahoo Sports:

    Phillies expected to pursue Soriano

    By ROB MAADDI, AP Sports Writer
    November 7, 2006

    PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Hoping to protect Ryan Howard in the middle of their lineup, the Philadelphia Phillies are expected to make a strong push for Alfonso Soriano.


    Let ME says, for the record.... The Phillies don't have a rat's ass chance in HELL of signing Soriano!

  • #2
    I think Soriano will end up being a little too pricey for the Phils. They should be batting their eyelashes at Aramis Ramirez.

    Comment


    • #3
      The Phils opening up the vault and signing Soriano will happen right after the Royals sign Barry Bonds.
      Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by KCGHOST
        The Phils opening up the vault and signing Soriano will happen right after the Royals sign Barry Bonds.
        This is a typical Phillies smokescreen. Let's consider the facts. Where are they weaker, 3B or OF? Soriano will be 31, Ramirez 29. Which guy has had "get-along" issues? Which guy better fills the desired role of protecting Howard?

        Of course all those questions point to Ramirez. So, in the tradition of the losingest team in the history of the world's professional sports franchises, we're going after the other guy. Of course, we WILL "open up the vault" in hot pursuit. But at the last hour, we'll fall just THIS short and whine how hard "we tried but just couldn't get it done".

        And on goes the saga of losing baseball in Philly.

        And then the nation's baseball fans keep wondering why Philly fans are so jaded.

        Comment


        • #5
          Aramis may be younger and doesn't have the "I'm not playing this position" saga like Soriano but he does come with baggage. You guys like to say that Pat Burrell hits meaningless homers and racks up meaningless RBI, well that is the same tag that has been applied to Aramis in Chicago. He also has bad wheels, doesn't look to have a body that is going to age well, and he is a thirdbasemen only because firstbase is blocked. The guy shouldn't be a thirdbasemen. He was butcher at third in his Pirates days and the Cubs have whittled it down to simply being a statue over there now. If the Phillies or anybody could land Aramis with a 4 year deal it will probably be a good deal regardless of cost. But if he gets them to stretch it to 6 years? Look out

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ubiquitous
            Aramis may be younger and doesn't have the "I'm not playing this position" saga like Soriano but he does come with baggage. You guys like to say that Pat Burrell hits meaningless homers and racks up meaningless RBI, well that is the same tag that has been applied to Aramis in Chicago. He also has bad wheels, doesn't look to have a body that is going to age well, and he is a thirdbasemen only because firstbase is blocked. The guy shouldn't be a thirdbasemen. He was butcher at third in his Pirates days and the Cubs have whittled it down to simply being a statue over there now. If the Phillies or anybody could land Aramis with a 4 year deal it will probably be a good deal regardless of cost. But if he gets them to stretch it to 6 years? Look out
            Then I vote for the Japanese 3B that's up for bid. (Don't ask me to say or type is name.) Of course we're not in that game either.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr. Met
              I think Soriano will end up being a little too pricey for the Phils. They should be batting their eyelashes at Aramis Ramirez.
              i'm with ya, unless they think they have a legit shot at Soriano and Iwamura.

              Soriano will be overpriced greatly, and he deserves a pretty high price. I think the phils have a reasonable shot at him, but they are awful far from a lock.
              Gelatin Fernandalism

              Comment


              • #8
                Well Ramirez has re-upped with the Cubbies.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr. Met
                  Well Ramirez has re-upped with the Cubbies.
                  I guess Kim Batiste is available....

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X