No announcement yet.

Abreau Trade Rumor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gillick's first move got me real pumped up....Thome gone, a good young outfielder brought in fresh from a World Series championship..

But, this Franklin signing brought me, finally, to reality....
    why is Gillick, the architect of the Jays back-to-back WS, bothering to come to philly to be a puppet for the owners.....why not just retire and join Judway for drinks on the beach????

Great Ball Teams: Tigers '68, Phils '80, Tigers '84

Comment

Originally posted by LP fan
      Gillick's first move got me real pumped up....Thome gone, a good young outfielder brought in fresh from a World Series championship..
      But, this Franklin signing brought me, finally, to reality....
      why is Gillick, the architect of the Jays back-to-back WS, bothering to come to philly to be a puppet for the owners.....why not just retire and join Judway for drinks on the beach????
      Somewhere the phrases "french fry station assistant manager trainee Judway" and "make that grease trap sparkle" are used in tandem daily...LP look on the bright side there's still a slim chance Giles will get hit by a falling piano and things will turn around.
      The Phillies Barstool Lives!

Comment

Things have clearly turned around for LP fan, but he is a lot smarter than the Phillies' management.

Comment

Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of Bill Giles...

Comment

Every time Giles pops into mind, I have this vision of him walking the tightrope with Wallenda across Vet Stadium. In the middle of this stunt on a windy opening day, Wallenda pauses and pleads with the groundskeepers (who are now on the unfamilar territory of the roof) to tighten their grips. When it becomes clear to Wallenda that there is too much weight on the rope for the groundskeepers to deal with, he gives Giles a gentle push. Bill lands with a small town splash. He makes no more of a mess than would a small watermelon. It is cleaned up quickly. Wallenda completes his walk triumphantly and sips a victory martini. The cheers are deafening. Wallenda thinks they are for him.

Comment

Originally posted by donzblock
              ...he gives Giles a gentle push. Bill lands with a small town splash. He makes no more of a mess than would a small watermelon.
              Did anyone remember to call heads or tails?

Comment

Rumor is they're making a broadway musical about the Phillies called "The Owners". Lyrics by Al Yankovic. Synopsis: The owners deliberately put together a team that will do so poorly they can relocate the franchise to Alabama. Hilarity ensues.
                I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

I can hear one of the songs right now: "Spring time for Bill Giles in Alabam./ Winter for Philly and fans." It needs work.

Comment

Apparently Abreu is not going to be traded, his ability to hit in the clutch and his legendary Gold Glove notwithstanding.

"We are delighted to be given the opportunity to retain Bobby Abreu," said Pat Gillick at a hastily called news conference. "To be honest with you, we never wanted to get rid of him but felt we had to make the attempt to satisfy certain fans. Thank goodness my predecessor signed him to a contract that practically guarantees he will die a Phillie!"

When asked if he was contemplating other moves, Gillick replied: "For 2006, we feel our team will be stronger if we can retain Mike Lieberthal and David Bell. Losing Endy Chavez was a crusher, but thank goodness my skull is thick enough to plug the hole created by Endy's departure."

Comment

Originally posted by donzblock
                      "Losing Endy Chavez was a crusher, but thank goodness my skull is thick enough to plug the hole created by Endy's departure."
                      I feel like a 1919 Bostonian...Day one of the "Curse of the Endy."
                      85 more years til we win the World Series...

Comment

Like most other Suck-asses who have departed our faithful pinstripes and gone on to brilliant careers, Chavez will now be able to hit .340
                        I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X