Phils look to deal Lieber and Rowand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phils look to deal Lieber and Rowand

On www.philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com, they say the Phillies are trying to deal SP Jon Lieber and CF Aaron Rowand in seperate deals to the Milwaulkee Brewers and the Chicago White Sox. I don't like the fact that they're trying to deal Rowand, but I'm happy that they're trying to get rid of another-ball Lieber.
    Aaron Rowand: ANOTHER SEASON IN PHILLY! CRASH, NUMBER 33, CRASH!

I dare you to bunt on me. Seriously. Do it. You'll be out faster than you can swing the bat

The way I hear it is that the Lieber-for-Mench deal won't be made until after the Rowand to the White Sox for pitching (Garcia?) deal is done.

Comment

Yes, if Rowand, along with probably floyd and or Madson goes for Garcia(which by the way, I think that Garcia's overrated.) Then, after getting that pitcher, go ahead and trade Leiber to the BrewCrew for Mench/Jenkins and perhaps Turnbow/Cappelan.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Gomes
        Yes, if Rowand, along with probably floyd and or Madson goes for Garcia(which by the way, I think that Garcia's overrated.) Then, after getting that pitcher, go ahead and trade Leiber to the BrewCrew for Mench/Jenkins and perhaps Turnbow/Cappelan.
        That's too high a price for Garcia. They can have Rowand and Floyd but not Madson too. hey, they whined all year about how much they missed Rowand last year...

BUT:

The Phillies have a deal in place to trade Lieber to the Brewers for Kevin Mench and Derrick Turnbow, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

would make me VERY happy. Mench is a local kid from Wilmington and I like Turnbow who had a great year two years ago closing. All in all, Lieber, Floyd and Rowand for Garcia, Mench and Turnbow is a pretty good day's work. In that light I might even throw in Madson but I think Madson's best days are still to come once someone figures out his role.

Now, where is that big RH bat gonna come from.....

Comment

I doubt the Phils will trade either Lieber or Rowand.
          "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

And if i know the Yankees they are asking about Leiber. Any pitcher on the market they go after!!:gt Even though their rotation is set and then some!:grouchy
            Get Shoeless Joe Into The Hall
            Since 1918
            Yankees 27
            Red Sox 2
            Who Sucks?
            "Ladies and gentleman, the most common phrase used in all sports, THE YANKEES WIN THE WORLD SERIES"

Comment

Rowand's staying, Leiber is the odd man out in the rotation and will most likely be traded for some bullpen help.

Comment

Leiber would be a good pick up for the Yankees, again!

How come the Phils are shopping Rowand, last year was his first year there right?
                White Sox fans loved him during thier playoff run, is he not a fan favorite in Philly?
                "I see no reason why a small-market team like the Twins or Expos can't continue to remain competitive, just because it lacks players," Selig said.

Comment

He is liked here in Philly, and now he'll be staying, as evident by Conine being traded for nothing....the would have used him only as another piece to land Garcia or another deal to help them out, like a bat to protect Howard, becuase they had Burrell, Conine and Victorino that could play outfield, but now he'll be staying.....

Comment

I'd rather have Eaton out. He's a number 4 starter at best. But I also dont think that Lieber is the greatest pitcher. But he is superior to Eaton :-p
                    Aaron Rowand: ANOTHER SEASON IN PHILLY! CRASH, NUMBER 33, CRASH!

I dare you to bunt on me. Seriously. Do it. You'll be out faster than you can swing the bat

Comment

yeah, but they're not trading a guy they just signed for 24 million. I give it until middle spring training until leiber is gone.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X