Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career home steals for the Phillies

Hello everyone

I have just read in Baseball Library that Tony Taylor has six steals of home for the Phillies and that he is tied for second place on their all-time list. I'm lookin for the name of the player who would be first (Billy Hamilton would be a good bet, but I can't find the info anywhere). Does any of you know? And who would be the other player with 6 home steals?

I have the 2006 Phillies Media Guide, but surprisingly I can't find anything about home steals in it.

Thanks in advance,
    Claude (apologizing for his poor English)
    « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

I think 1886 was the 1st year recording steals; rules varied. Are you including the Worchester Ruby Legs, the original home of the Philly franchise?
    In the 1920's, Harry Heilmann led the AL with a .364 average. In addition, he averaged 220 hits, 45 doubles, 12 triples, 16 homers, 110 runs, and 130 RBI.

Comment

Originally posted by HDH
      I think 1886 was the 1st year recording steals; rules varied. Are you including the Worchester Ruby Legs, the original home of the Philly franchise?
      I'll start with the year they started recording steals : 1887. From what I see, they were already the Philadelphia Phillies back then.
      « But what's puzzlin' you is the nature of my game... »

Comment

Originally posted by HDH
        They were actually the Worcester Ruby Legs (aka Worcester Brown Stockings, aka Worcester No-Names), in Worcester, Mass, which a lot of people mispronouce like "Worchester". It is pronounced "wustah", with a Mass accent.
        They moved to Philadelphia and became the Phillies in 1883.
        Last edited by Ashburn1; 01-19-2007, 01:29 PM.
        "You should enter a ballpark the way you enter a church." - Bill Spaceman Lee

Comment

While I don't have the stats in front of me, I'm pretty confident that the #1 Phillies' leader in this category would have to be Sherry Magee.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X