Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Commissioner
    replied
    While I don't have the stats in front of me, I'm pretty confident that the #1 Phillies' leader in this category would have to be Sherry Magee.

Leave a comment:

• Ashburn1
    replied
    Originally posted by HDH
    I think 1886 was the 1st year recording steals; rules varied. Are you including the Worchester Ruby Legs, the original home of the Philly franchise?
    They were actually the Worcester Ruby Legs (aka Worcester Brown Stockings, aka Worcester No-Names), in Worcester, Mass, which a lot of people mispronouce like "Worchester". It is pronounced "wustah", with a Mass accent.
    They moved to Philadelphia and became the Phillies in 1883.
    Last edited by Ashburn1; 01-19-2007, 12:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chicoutimi CP
    replied
    Originally posted by HDH
    I think 1886 was the 1st year recording steals; rules varied. Are you including the Worchester Ruby Legs, the original home of the Philly franchise?
    I'll start with the year they started recording steals : 1887. From what I see, they were already the Philadelphia Phillies back then.

Leave a comment:

• HDH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chicoutimi CP
    started a topic Career home steals for the Phillies

Career home steals for the Phillies

Hello everyone

I have just read in Baseball Library that Tony Taylor has six steals of home for the Phillies and that he is tied for second place on their all-time list. I'm lookin for the name of the player who would be first (Billy Hamilton would be a good bet, but I can't find the info anywhere). Does any of you know? And who would be the other player with 6 home steals?

I have the 2006 Phillies Media Guide, but surprisingly I can't find anything about home steals in it.

Thanks in advance,
    Claude (apologizing for his poor English)

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X