Schilling '08?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schilling '08?

Alright boys, Schilling says he wants to pitch in 2008, wheter or not for the Sox or not. Am I the only one who would like to see Schilling pitch his final season in Philly? Come back to a team where he really got his chance with, I'd like to see him back, if the price is right that is, and if Garcia is gone or Moyer retires instead of pitching his full contract. I'd be nice, but I'm sure he'll want some cash in 08'.

Love Ya

Ken

I'd like him back - He loved the Phillies- Just not the loosing.

I met him at a card showand he was cool
    The Phillies will rock in 2007

Comment

i'd like to see curt in a phillies uniform again.

Comment

I can take him or leave him at this point. Five years ago I would have taken him back but he's older & may demand unreasonable dollars. He may be setting the world up for a Roger Clemens type scenerio where he starts a bidding war for the "first" last season.

Comment

I don't realistically see the Phillies shelling out the money it would take to get Schilling back, but I'd love to be wrong.

Comment

I don't know who else will be available, but I'd really prefer a younger guy for the kind of bucks Curt will want. That assumes there's a guy in Curt's league as a pitcher, though. I'd certainly like to see some more quality pitchers in the Phils' rotation and bullpen, and he'd surely meet that requirement.

Jim Albright
            Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
            Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
            A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

I can't see him in a phillies uniform anymore. He's not the pitcher he was when he was pitching for us before. We'd just be paying for a name and a damaged arm. No thanks

Greg

Comment

He probably wouldn be hesitant of coming here with this disaster of a bullpen. He knows the game and knows he'd fail miserably with the slop that he'd have to depend on the close out games for him.

Of course, he might covet the run support...

He no longer owns a house here but he could come back. I don't think money will be the overwhelming issue for him.

He'd probably wait to see who the manager is next year.

Comment

I thought this was a political thing. I think he'll resign with the Sox though.

Comment

Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                    I thought this was a political thing.
                    In what regard?

Comment

It would be great, but doesn't someone acquire the #38 (Kyle Kendrick)? What number would he take if Kendrick is still part of the organization?

Comment

Originally posted by Griffey24-30 View Post
                        It would be great, but doesn't someone acquire the #38 (Kyle Kendrick)? What number would he take if Kendrick is still part of the organization?
                        Uh, I think Kendrick could be convinced to take a different number.

That's the least of anyone's worries....

Comment

Originally posted by johncap View Post
                          Uh, I think Kendrick could be convinced to take a different number.

That's the least of anyone's worries....
                          I agree with the above. Even ignoring the issue of whether the Phillies would pony up what Curt is worth, right now, there's definite reason to question what that figure is. The Phils, with their ever-loving budget, sure don't want to sink big bucks into another guy like Freddy Garcia (i.e. damaged goods). I don't want them to, either, because then they won't spend the money on somebody who can help the team. Actually, they might not spend the money anyway, but I at least want to deny them the excuse.

Jim Albright
                          Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
                          Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
                          A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by johncap View Post
                            In what regard?
                            Schilling, at least around here, is known for his strong political opinions and his support of Bush. And the title of the thread is "Schilling '08"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X