things that WOULD make phillies fans happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things that WOULD make phillies fans happy

send rosario to the minors. once he learns how to pitch he will be usefull. it may take a week, a month, or 2 months, but send him down for the phillies to have late in the season.

I really don't see him being anything short of a liability at any point this year, his command problems are mind-numbing. If he can clear waivers (I'm pretty sure two teams aren't dumb enough to Rule V this guy twice in the same season), I'd send him to AA. AAA has enough bullpen issues without a guy that "throws hard."

Hopefully Madson has a few outings at Ottawa before coming back to the major league team. I think his slider still needs a little tweaking.

Comment

Better yet rather then sending him down, send down Castro. He has options and could use the work rather then 2 innings over the last 2 weeks. Also... Chris Coste needs to be brought up and I would trade or dump Barajas. Ruiz is doing the majority of catching anyway.

Comment

I agree. Get rid of Castro (Fidel & Fabio).

Comment

Originally posted by Pxpwop15 View Post
          Better yet rather then sending him down, send down Castro. He has options and could use the work rather then 2 innings over the last 2 weeks. Also... Chris Coste needs to be brought up and I would trade or dump Barajas. Ruiz is doing the majority of catching anyway.
          Unless Barajas gets hurt, I don't see Gillick moving Coste up to the big club. During his weekly Q & A radio show he fields at least two callers asking about Chris Coste. He's basically playing off people liking Coste as being affected by his back story and not by the .328 avg and .357ish avg with RISP. The justification for keeping Coste down is retarded:
          - "Chris isn't a good fit for the team." (Gotta love Orwellian doublespeak)
          - "Chris can only field catcher and first, and we have that covered." (Yeah, because Rob Barajas plays positions other than catcher, wait...)
          - "Rod Barajas calls a solid game and I think overall he's the better catcher." (Oh boy, he's mariginally better defensively. What a bargain!)

However, Gillick has indicated dissapointment in Barajas's offensive performance, which is strange because his stats have never indicated any offensive proficiency. This is the entire reason why "Coste fans" are so pissed off and he won't even address it.

He basically paid three times what he would've been paying Coste for an offensively inferior catcher who is marginally better defensively.

Comment

postblank, coste and barajas trading places is not going to make any dramatic changes in the phillies.

Comment

Originally posted by ARISTOCRAT View Post
              postblank, coste and barajas trading places is not going to make any dramatic changes in the phillies.
              I'll take my chances with the guy whose batting average during his MLB stint was higher than the other guy's career OBP (or OBP of any year). Barajas stinks at the plate, and having Coste backing up Rowand in the seventh spot could've resulted in a different outcome to at least several games so far this season.

And whatever mindset caused Gillick to sign Barajas denotes serious logical issues, which could result in worse decisions over time. For now, the worst we have to deal with is Pat corraling in "Pat's Guys" to take up roster spots.

Comment

barajas has played first base as well as catcher. ruiz is obviously the better hitter and hasn't shown a weakness on defense. normally teams have an everyday catcher that is better offensively and a backup catcher who can call games well and not lose anything defensively. that is what you see with the phillies catcher situation right now. coste, still is not going to have that big of an impact in the big leagues.
                Last edited by jalbright; 07-04-2007, 01:46 PM. Reason: bickering

Comment

barajas has played first base as well as catcher.
                  He's played less than twenty innings ever there, let's not get pedantic here.
                  Last edited by jalbright; 07-04-2007, 01:53 PM.

Comment

coste is in his 30's and has failed to crack the majors for a full season.
                    Last edited by jalbright; 07-04-2007, 01:54 PM. Reason: argumentative

Comment

coste is in his 30's and has failed to crack the majors for a full season.
                      He's more than proven he can hang with the big boys. If he started getting injured all the time (read as: more than catchers normally do), then I'd understand. But he was more than capable of bearing the backup role while Ruiz got groomed, they were practically co-starters when Lieberthal was on the DL 23 times last season.
                      Last edited by jalbright; 07-04-2007, 01:54 PM. Reason: argumentative in quoted and response posts

Comment

still he lacks the innings of calling games, there is a reason he hasn't had a serious shot at the majors until his thirties, and its not because the scouts let this guy sneak by them my friend. the catching position for the phillies is pretty solid. what you should be talking about is what high end reliever the phillies can get in the great chris coste trade. lol
                        Last edited by jalbright; 07-04-2007, 01:55 PM. Reason: name calling

Comment

still he lacks the innings of calling games, there is a reason he hasn't had a serious shot at the majors until his thirties, and its not because the scouts let this guy sneak by them my friend. the catching position for the phillies is pretty solid. what you should be talking about is what high end reliever the phillies can get in the great chris coste trade. lol
                          I hear BJ Ryan's been having a pretty good year, I'd trade Coste and Happ for him straight up. :nosleep:
                          Last edited by jalbright; 07-04-2007, 01:56 PM. Reason: deleted quoted post portion

Comment

Originally posted by Postblank View Post
                            I hear BJ Ryan's been having a pretty good year, I'd trade Coste and Happ for him straight up. :nosleep:
                            i hope that was a poor attempt at some humor. if it was, the fact that nobody knows makes it not very funny.

Comment

He has caught over 350 games in his baseball career. Plenty to call a game at the major league level. He never had a real shot because he was an undrafted free agent. Those players have next to no chance to make it because the organization has invested no time or money into that player. Many of those players get passed on just because of politics and the numbers game Clearly he has been a decent player for about 8 years. No one ever gave him a shot. He is a career 300 hitter in the minor leagues and it is a disgrace that he is not on a major league roster somewhere. Oh BTW.. He has played 1b, 2b, and 3b as well as catch. Phils are making a big mistake here.
                              Last edited by jalbright; 07-04-2007, 01:59 PM. Reason: deletion from quoted post

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X