X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Hannah
    I know isn't CBP, but seeing as you're local to the D.C. area ...
    http://www.wtop.com/?nid=398&sid=694207

Maybe after a few Virginny Gen'leman's you could get together with that local vocalist of renown, Chuck Brown-a-go-go, and come up with an urban version.
    Unfortunately bourbon only improves the ability of others to listen to my singing...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Hannah
    replied
    Hey, ed! Right up your alley...

I know isn't CBP, but seeing as you're local to the D.C. area ...

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=398&sid=694207

Maybe after a few Virginny Gen'leman's you could get together with that local vocalist of renown, Chuck Brown-a-go-go, and come up with an urban version.
    Last edited by Bob Hannah; 02-09-2006, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DownUnderDodger
    replied
    Cheat or no cheat
    That poem was really neat
    You maybe a self confessed bonehead
    But you have some talent Mr Ed.
    You have an interesting sense of wit
    I done got down and got with it.

Leave a comment:

• Androctus
    replied
    Thats right. I call him and tried to get him to autograph it. Instead, he busted down my door, smashed my display case and consumed it, plastic and all. Just like a bad Japanese horror movie.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Wade is God
    replied
    Sorry guys, money is tight and I had to sell the Jeff Jackson rookie card so I could make exact change on the 5 cent piece of Dubble Bubble I just bought. Also, Androctus just sent me a message saying that John Kruk devoured his last old Vet mustard packet. So unfortunately there will be no prizes given. Thanks for participating.

Leave a comment:

• Androctus
    replied
    Originally posted by ed hardiman
    I know one thing for sure I'm never going to a cowboy movie named "Bareback Mountain" no matter how many Academy Award nominations it gets...
    "Hey you dropped the soap" BareBackside Mountain is reserved for the criminally insane comic book villain types in our special "Clockwork Orange" rehabilitation program.

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by Androctus
    Just chill there, Hardiwuznat. You are already serving a life sentence of Philly Phandom. What other horror can we possibly add on top of that?
    Except, maybe, lifetime admittance (and attendance is mandatory) to all present and future Ewe Boll movies....
    I know one thing for sure I'm never going to a cowboy movie named "Bareback Mountain" no matter how many Academy Award nominations it gets...

Leave a comment:

• Androctus
    replied
    Just chill there, Hardiwuznat. You are already serving a life sentence of Philly Phandom. What other horror can we possibly add on top of that?

Except, maybe, lifetime admittance (and attendance is mandatory) to all present and future Ewe Boll movies....

Leave a comment:

• donzblock
    replied
    If I win the mustard packet, Ed is getting that, too.

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by donzblock
    When a laureate is crowned, he cannot remove the wreath. Witness the futile attempts of Jaykay to do so on the Brooklyn Dodgers' forum. The dishonesty that Ed confesses to is a vital building block of creativity. Is there a bigger liar on the face of the earth than Stephen King, and each new lie he comes up with deposits an additional $20 million in his bank account. The fact that Ed "cheated" proves conclusively that he is a poet and a greater one than Thayer. All hail Ed!
    Originally posted by Ed Wade is God
    Ed, awesome poem. I might have to throw in a Jeff Juden card to fully compensate you for your efforts.
    Ah, what difference? You could fill volumes with this stuff - Imagine Poe, Shakespeare or T.S. Eliot translated into modern Snoopish so the whole new generation of young urbanites can finally understand what the hell they were talking about. I can evision a whole line of audiobooks, such titles as "A Tale of Two Cities, translated from English by E.K.G. Hardiman"
    I get caught cheating like Ashlee Simpson getting the words wrong while lip synching "Happy Birthday" and all you guys do is justify it?

Where's the:
    "Say it ain't so Ed"
    or
    "Gosh you let us all down"
    or
    "You bonehead"
    Well I for one am outraged! I want my head on a platter. I want to tar and feather me. I want to run me out of town on a rail! I will not let me get away with this. I have not heard the last of myself. If I think I'm going to sweep this under the rug and not notice me doing it, I have another thing coming. I don't know who I'm messing with...me that's who.
    Sincerely,
    Ed "Schizo" Hardiman

Leave a comment:

• donzblock
    replied
    An unopened mustard packet from old Vets Stadium. Thats all thats left cause I don't think anyone can compete with Ed "Snoop" Hardiman's entry there. I'm framing that and hanging it over my desk.
    This one's for the mustard packet:

Patrick Gillick of the Phillies
    (Dave and William are his pallies)
    Gives the fightin' fans the willies
    When his deals and trades he tallies.

Nothing that he does improves 'em.
    Sober fans become loud boozers.
    Every Phillie pitcher grooves 'em;
    All of them are proven losers.

What wisdom comes from one who's riper?
    Oops! It's time to change his diaper.
    Last edited by donzblock; 01-29-2006, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• donzblock
    replied
    When a laureate is crowned, he cannot remove the wreath. Witness the futile attempts of Jaykay to do so on the Brooklyn Dodgers' forum. The dishonesty that Ed confesses to is a vital building block of creativity. Is there a bigger liar on the face of the earth than Stephen King, and each new lie he comes up with deposits an additional $20 million in his bank account. The fact that Ed "cheated" proves conclusively that he is a poet and a greater one than Thayer. All hail Ed!

Leave a comment:

• Ed Wade is God
    replied
    Ed, awesome poem. I might have to throw in a Jeff Juden card to fully compensate you for your efforts.

Leave a comment:

• ed hardiman
    replied
    Originally posted by An-to-tha-d-thang-roc-tizzle
    Ah, wizzle difference? You could fiznill volumes wit this shiznit - Imagine Po-diggity, Shakespizzle or T.S. Eliguzzle translizzled into modern Snoopitty so whole new generizzles of shawty urbnizwhats can fuzznat understuzzle what tha H-to-tha-izzell they were rapping `bout. I can evizzle a whole line of audiobizzles, siznuch titles as "A Tale of Two Izzies, tranwuzzled from Englizzle by E.K.G. Hardiwuznat"
    I think I have a problem and need help.
    Everything I look at is turning into Snoopish.
    This ain't no G-thang.

Leave a comment:

• Androctus
    replied
    Ah, what difference? You could fill volumes with this stuff - Imagine Poe, Shakespeare or T.S. Eliot translated into modern Snoopish so the whole new generation of young urbanites can finally understand what the hell they were talking about. I can evision a whole line of audiobooks, such titles as "A Tale of Two Cities, translated from English by E.K.G. Hardiman"

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X