2007 Phillies Regular Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Phillies Regular Season thread

Since some moderators are deleting the series logs, the regular season games can be talked about on this thread instead of individual series threads.
    It definitely wasn't good to lose the Royals series, but the Phillies start a 3 game home stand against the White Sox tommorrow night. Eaton is on the mound, he had a solid outing the last time up for him so I expect a solid 6 or 7 inning performance out of him against the White Sox who have been in the news weekly over the last month or so for all the wrong reasons.

Dobbs is at 3rd tonight, Barajas is behind the plate, and Burrell is in left field. All the normal guys are in thier positions in the field and in the batting order. The Phillies have another good hitting line up in tonight, I expect Chase to have a good night tonight after his day off yesterday, and hopefully Howard is still crushing the ball and will take advantage of being home.

Comment

Eaton has left two runners on the last two innings. He has put in 6 good innings, but Sutcliffe has clearly pointed out he is only pitching right now with his fast ball. This would be an ideal time to pinch hit for him considering he is first up in the bottom of the inning.

Comment

Eaton put in 7 innings of shut out ball, innings 5 and 6 were the only ones there were issues, but he got through them all. Bronco Zagurski came in for a solid 123 eighth, then Alfonseca got the save, he gave up a two out single but ended the game on a strike out. The starting pitching showed up, The bullpen came through. Its a funny game baseball, you have two shutout wins sandwiching a 17-5 loss.

Comment

Good win for the Phillies. Something must be wrong with Adam Eaton for him to pitch so well. Cole Hamels on Tuesday so hopefully they'll get two straight against the White Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by mwb View Post
            Good win for the Phillies. Something must be wrong with Adam Eaton for him to pitch so well. Cole Hamels on Tuesday so hopefully they'll get two straight against the White Sox.
            Something must be wrong because he pitched well? That gives us all a little insight into how your work mwb.

Comment

There was probably more sarcasm than anything in my comment. You have to admit Eaton's performance is a bit unusual. I hope he keeps it up though.

Comment

Originally posted by mwb View Post
                Great win! After being blown out Sunday they did not hang their heads, instead they came out fighting.
                With the Mets not pitching well and the Braves not hitting well the door may be open for the Fightins. Let's hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Judway View Post
                  Great win! After being blown out Sunday they did not hang their heads, instead they came out fighting.
                  With the Mets not pitching well and the Braves not hitting well the door may be open for the Fightins. Let's hope so.
                  When Judway is happy, I'm happy. But just what did you cheer for last night, good fellow?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Thinslow View Post
                    When Judway is happy, I'm happy. But just what did you cheer for last night, good fellow?
                    Well sir, three pitchers not allowing a run and three home runs.
                    Well duh

Comment

Originally posted by Judway View Post
                      Well sir, three pitchers not allowing a run and three home runs.
                      Well duh
                      But didn't you say a few days ago that when you cheer, that means that you want the player to do better. How could three pitchers not allowing a run do better?

As for the three home runs, did you want more?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Thinslow View Post
                        But didn't you say a few days ago that when you cheer, that means that you want the player to do better. How could three pitchers not allowing a run do better?

As for the three home runs, did you want more?
                        Thinslow, why do you think that is the only time he cheers? That is just ridiculous, but par for the course with you my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ARISTOCRAT View Post
                          Thinslow, why do you think that is the only time he cheers? That is just ridiculous, but par for the course with you my friend.
                          Judway is a good man, a decent man. I am trying to be like him. To imitate him, I must understand him. This may take some time.

Comment

Hamels takes the mound tonight for the Phills going after his ninth win. Beyond the personal achievment, its an important game because they could win the series tonight and put themselves in a position to sweep. Greg the bat Dobbs is in at 3rd, Pat my spikes are made by quik-crete Burrell is in left, and Barajas is behind the plate. Barajas is getting the majority playing time during interleague play it seems. I'm still waiting for Chase to blow up after that 4 strike out game in KC, he is due for a 4-4 night or something close.

Comment

I swear that every time Jroll doesn't get on, 9 times out of 10 Vic gets on base somehow.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X