No announcement yet.

2007 Phillies Regular Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I consider myself a realist as well as a fan. I don't consider being five games out all summer as being in the "playoff race". But now that they are only two games out of the division & wild card race & playing well, it finally feels like they are in the race. There's a long way to go but I hope it lasts. All they need to do now is get into first place in either race before the end of the season & take charge.

Comment

• Classic Phils--sweep the Mets to get within two, then go lose the series against Florida and at least one game against the Braves to undo a good bit of the progress they made. Five back in the loss column and 5 GB, and 2 back in the loss column and 3 GB for the Wild Card. Up and down, up and down--it's a wonder we're not seasick.
      Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
      Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
      A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

• That was fast. Back to five games out in the division & three in the wild card. The past four games have exposed how poor they can be on the road, especially away from the friendly confines of Citizens Bank Park.

Unlike most years, the Phillies are handling the teams (or team in this case) ahead of them head-to-head but now they can't beat anyone else consistently.

Comment

• Even faster was the way to escape winning the series against the Braves. Up 8-2 going into the bottom of the 8th should be safe even on the road, but not for the Roller Coasters--they didn't even need extra innings to blow it!
          A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

• That was brutal. There's no excuse for losing that game.

Comment

• No posts since Sept 6? Really? Ouch, the best month in Phils history in 14 years and it went dead.
              (fantasy football)
              JM: Only did that for a couple of years and then we had a conspiracy so it kind of turned me sour. Our league's commissioner, Lew Ford(notes) at the time, was doing some shady things that ... I'd rather not talk about [laughs].
              DB: Isn't he in Japan right now?
              JM: I don't know where Lou is right now. He's probably fleeing the authorities [laughs].

Comment

• I'm afraid this thread died of the dead weight of bickering between its two main participants until I came on the scene and insisted it stop. Also, the Mets collapsed rather suddenly and unexpectedly. That said, there could have been more enthusiasm at least for the WC race.

Comment

• Hey Philly fans.

I am a Mets fan and I just wanna congratulate your team on a great job. The Phils deserved it. Hope they can kick some ass in the Playoffs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X