No announcement yet.

Arthur Rhodes in...Jason Michaels out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Rhodes in...Jason Michaels out!

Despite Michaels' impressive OBP, his power dipped last season -- and he's never been a starter. In return, you guys got an excellent lefty middle-reliever. I think it was a great trade for you guys...I'm not really sure what the Indians are trying to do this off-season in looking to trade Coco Crisp and good relief pitching, only to replace them with lesser players.
    ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
    ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Another disaster for the Phillies. When Moe congratulates the Phillies, you know he is happy for the Mets. This trade is so bad that you knew the Phillies would never be able to avoid it.

Comment

Do you really hate the trade that much? How much potential do you think Michaels has as a starting OFer?
      ~MOE

Moonlight Graham
      ...one game, no at-bats...

RisingApple.com

Comment

It's sad to see J-Mike leave us. He was by far my favorite cop-punching, beer guzzling backup outfielder in all of the MLB. The trade helps our pathetic bullpen a little bit and Michaels won't be missed too much (especially by the cops) since Rowand's here and Shane Victorino will probably do a good job as a backup.
        "For who? For what?" - Ricky Watters

Comment

The stench of the Michaels for nobody deal is so bad it makes a coroner's stomach queasy...
          The Phillies Barstool Lives!

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy
            Do you really hate the trade that much? How much potential do you think Michaels has as a starting OFer?
            Moe, you forget that we can hear you trying to suppress your laughter. Michaels has no potential as a starter, but he is an excellent fill-in, and they love him in the local jails. Rhodes is an erratic ancient mariner with bereavement issues.

Comment

Originally posted by donzblock
              Moe...Rhodes is an erratic ancient mariner with bereavement issues.
              You gotta love it when Block goes Full Metal Coleridge on somebody...

Comment

Originally posted by moebarguy
                Despite Michaels' impressive OBP, his power dipped last season -- and he's never been a starter. In return, you guys got an excellent lefty middle-reliever. I think it was a great trade for you guys...I'm not really sure what the Indians are trying to do this off-season in looking to trade Coco Crisp and good relief pitching, only to replace them with lesser players.
                The amazing this is that you think you can goad these guys. They exist on a different level than us mere mortals.
                "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
                  The amazing this is that you think you can goad these guys. They exist on a different level than us mere mortals.
                  Though I cannot yet take corporeal form, my spirit has endured long, wasteful years of mediocre management, but one day soon, I will have gained enough power to return to the mortal plane, and carry out my hideous plan of attending a ballgame in Philadelphia. In the meantime, beware, and do not say my name aloud, as it will summon me to your home, where I will be forced to punish you by cooking steak and my famous spicy fried potatoes.

BTW: anyone seen my Ring of Power laying around? It is the One Ring, the only one we have. Should say "1980 World Champions" on it when you toss it in the fireplace....
                  Last edited by Androctus; 01-30-2006, 11:53 AM.
                  I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Androctus
                    Though I cannot yet take corporeal form, my spirit has endured long, wasteful years of mediocre management, but one day soon, I will have gained enough power to return to the mortal plane, and carry out my hideous plan of attending a ballgame in Philadelphia. In the meantime, beware, and do not say my name aloud, as it will summon me to your home, where I will be forced to punish you by cooking steak and my famous spicy fried potatoes.
                    BTW: anyone seen my Ring of Power laying around? It is the One Ring, the only one we have. Should say "1980 World Champions" on it....
                    As I languish in the Phillies Phantom Zone waiting for Jar-Jar-Binks-El cousin of Jor-El to build his Phortress of Ineptitude, (provided of course he doesn't go queen on us, forget why he's here, and start flying around in a tasteless red cape, royal blue tights and wearing a garish red speedo saving a stupid bint named Lois and her equally dim friend Jimmy, who get in trouble as easily as a baby with a box of razor blades and a running chainsaw... wait where was I?)...once the Phortress is built we can use the advanced science and technology which was wholly ineffective at preventing the complete vaporization of my home planet to also not prevent the complete vaporization of Bill Giles.
                    Additionally I can finally be released from this prison and get away from Lex Luthor who smells like a ham sammich...and if he's such a genius why does he always lose at Trivial Pursuit?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X