Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mwb
    replied
    Amaro, Jr. was in the booth tonight & he said Gordon will be in Philly on Sunday to throw in the bullpen. If all goes well, he'll be going west with the team on Sunday night. Sounds like Myers will start throwing this weekend & his rehab will start soon thereafter.

Kind of a shame they aren't more open about these guys. Plus, I know you can't rush them back but the management seems very relaxed about the whole situation.

Plus RA, Jr., gave his usual speech on how tough it is to get pitching. Sure, it's tough to get the same pitchers everyone else wants but there's nothing wrong with finding pitchers that no one else is looking at. Then he talked about some of the players they got last year in July & August. They did a good job but you are killing your future if you trade players then the players you acquire end up being released. Look at the Rolen, Schilling & Abreu trades. They trade three all stars & within a year or two they have almost nothing to show for it.
    Last edited by mwb; 07-13-2007, 06:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jalbright
    replied
    Originally posted by mwb View Post
    Montgomery was brimming with optimism that once Gordon & Myers come back, the bullpen will be in good shape. Must be nice to just be positive & ignore the possibility that the happy ending may not occur. Just another excuse to accept losing. Hope for the best & don't bother preparing for the worst.
    In the tradition of Little Orphan Annie, Phillies ownership consistently sings the tune 'The sun will come out tomorrow...tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day away." It's also a place, like Home on the Range, "never is heard a discouraging word"

Jim Albright

Leave a comment:

• mwb
    replied
    Heard on the news that Gordon's rehab start or whatever it was didn't go well tonight. He's going to try again tomorrow. No more info was given on what went wrong. I guess the Phillies are keeping that intelligence under wraps.

Montgomery was brimming with optimism that once Gordon & Myers come back, the bullpen will be in good shape. Must be nice to just be positive & ignore the possibility that the happy ending may not occur. Just another excuse to accept losing. Hope for the best & don't bother preparing for the worst.

Leave a comment:

• jalbright
    replied
    Originally posted by tat2ist77 View Post
    This guy just needs to walk away.

Greg
    You mean Gordon? Yeah, probably--but it's hard to do when you a) love playing and b) make millions doing it, and, like the vast majority of humanity, can't make anywhere near those kinds of dollars at anything else.

Jim Albright

Leave a comment:

• tat2ist77
    replied
    This guy just needs to walk away.

Greg

Leave a comment:

• jalbright
    replied
    Not hard to do. First of all, I'll believe it when I see it. And I won't get excited until he has at least a solid week's work without a relapse.

Leave a comment:

• mwb
    started a topic Tom Gordon due back Friday

Tom Gordon due back Friday

Try to stay calm.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X