Charlie Manuel deserves a new contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HDH View Post
    As late as July 19, the Phillies were under.500. Considering that they were a pre-season favorite, I think that is under-achieving. The overall record of 89 wins isn't what I would call outstanding. If the Mets don't choke, the Phillies tie with Col and SD for wild card playoff.
    In fairness, they had a TON of serious injuries to star players, and NO pitching. Management sucks, as usual. I'm not Charlie fan but he did a good job..

PS- they were NOT pre-season favorites for anything except in JRoll's mind. The Mets were pre-season favorites to win the East in a landslide.

Comment

Did that clown who baited Manuel at the press conference early in the year ever change his tune?

Comment

Eskin change his tune? That's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
          Did that clown who baited Manuel at the press conference early in the year ever change his tune?
          As much as I can't stand Eskin, and I seldom listen for more than a minute or two, I didn't think what he did was wrong, nordo I think what the other reporter asked and how he reacted to Myers' attack a few weeks back was wrong. The players and management have as part of their job descriptions to anwer to us (and reporters ARE us) and to be open and honest. They're not, here. I listen to the interviews of all the NY teams on The Fan and it's astonishing how open ALL of them are and they get it hard from some of those guys like Chris and Mike. If any one of our top guns except Billy King was interviewed by those guys, they'd hang up and never go back on again. ESPECIALLY the Phillies and Eagles. Gillick tried to be open at first but got slammed hard by Dave Montgomery and has shut up since. That's the Phillies way, and part of whay they are the losers, in general, that they are and have always been (except for a glorious seven years of my late youth).

Comment

Eskin is a braying jackass, there's no changing his mind about anything.

Charlie's grown on me, especially after chewing out Eskin. (I even told Charlie so myself.) If the players like Charlie, I like Charlie. Just try not to destroy Hamels too soon before the CA/NY bidding wars begin.

Comment

Did Eskin ever manage a professional baseball team at any level, even for a game? Maybe the Phillies should offer to let him manage one of their minor league teams for a game. That I'd like to see.
              Blogging about the New York Mets and their farm teams at metbaseball and about baseball in general at writerhoward.com.

Comment

If you listen to enough Eskin you learn that he doesn't know very much about baseball at all. Tell him that and you'll get a 'See ya'.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Met View Post
                  If you listen to enough Eskin you learn that he doesn't know very much about baseball at all. Tell him that and you'll get a 'See ya'.
                  He'll also say "See ya" if you point out all he's done since keeping the Eagles in Philadelphia is getting someone murdered.

Comment

I've always been convinced that Howard Eskin escaped. From someplace. He hasn't been apprehended yet.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X