Help Me Decipher Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Decipher Today

Ithought that the tiebreaker for divisions was head to head. What happened to that? Doidn't the Yankees take their division from the Red Sox a few years ago by virtue of that? I thought a playoff was only necessary in the event of more than a two-way tie? If the Philsd and Mets both won today and were not involved with the Padres or Rockies, I thought the Phillies would win because of their 12-6 series edge over the Mets. I'm not reading that anywhere though.

Baseball doesn't decide an in/out situation by tiebreakers. See this article on mlb.com, which should help you out

Jim Albright
    Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
    Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
    A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by jalbright View Post
      Baseball doesn't decide an in/out situation by tiebreakers. See this article on mlb.com, which should help you out

Jim Albright
      Yea that's pretty concise. Best explanation of it all yet. It had been mistated previously though because it was said that they would win "any" division tie based on the season series advantage.

As a lifelong Phillies fan, doom looms once more, if not today, certainly tomorrow. They had things in their hands and gave it back yesterday.

I hope I'm wrong for the kids' sake!

Comment

Fortunately, no play-in games, only the NLDS. Let's just enjoy the ride while it lasts.
        Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
        Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
        A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X