X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions for more than the next 55 Phillies Wall Of Fame selections

October 12, 2019:
    • ·

• Dennis Orlandini I say that the Phillies front office upset that the team failed this year and only finished with a .500 record will make many good moves over the winter to get the team moving in the right direction. I'll predict that the the Next Phillies team (2020) will win over 90 games and make the playoffs and then as they say "It's a crapshoot from there on". While I'm predicting things about the Phillies here's my predictions for more than the next 35 years of Phillies Wall Of Fame selections. It's a nice mixture of present stars future stars, stars from the recent past and stars from the distant past of Phillies history........ 2020: Jimmy Rollins. 2021: Ryan Howard. 2022: Chase Utley. 2023: Carlos Ruiz. 2024: Shane Victorino. 2025: Jim Konstanty (on the 75th anniversary of his 1950 National League MVP season). 2026: Scott Rolen. 2027: Jim Fregosi-Manager. 2028: Cole Hamels. 2029: Placido Polanco. 2030: Danny Ozark-Manager. 2031: Ryan Madson. 2032: Ron Reed. 2033: Dick Bartell - starting NL shortstop in the first-ever all-star game played in 1933 - 100th anniversary and also the 150th anniversary of the Phillies inaugural year of 1883. 2034: AL Orth.2035: DAVE BANCROFT. 2036: Tony Gonzalez. 2037: Cesar Hernandez. 2038: Aaron Nola. 2039: Rhys Hoskins. 2040: Brad Lidge. 2041: Bryce Harper. 2042: Fred Luderus. 2043: J.T. Realmuto. 2044: Dick Bartell. 2045: Jimmie Wilson. 2046: Andy Seminck. 2047: Dick Sisler . 2048: Stan Lopata. 2049: Pinky Whitney. 2050: Raul Ibanez. 2051: Dick 'Turk' Farrell. 2052: Adam Haseley. 2053: Jean Segura. 2054: Spud Davis. 2055: Jack Baldschun. 2056: Pinky May. 2057: Cole Irvin.

Edit or delete this
      • ·

Don Nein shared a link.

Conversation Starter · 55 mins

About this website

philliesnation.com

Gabe Kapler to interview for Giants managerial job, per report – Phillies Nation
    Read - Gabe Kapler to interview for Giants managerial job, per report - and more Phillies news and rumors on PhilliesNation.com.

17 Comments

Comment

Comments

View 7 more comments

Write a comment...

Marc Leventhal

Conversation Starter · October 10 at 1:11 AM

So the brilliance of Phillies management. They didn’t wanna make any big trades at the deadline just to make the wildcard and then have to face the “unbeatable “Dodgers. How is that working for them now?

32 Comments

Comment

Comments

Write a comment...

Joseph Selser

Conversation Starter · October 10 at 2:30 AM

Today was weird as far as my fandom goes.
    I'm a diehard Phillies fan, but was pissed that the stinking Red Birds won, yet happy that the Dodgers lost.
    I'm not a fan of the Braves or Nats, but loathe the Cards and the Dodgers. Anyone else feel the same way today with the results?

13 Comments

Comment

Comments

View 9 more comments

Write a comment...

William Schnupp

Conversation Starter · October 9 at 10:20 PM

I saw the same decision making the braves made that the Phils made all season. Game 4 late innings tie game and braves led off with a double, instead of sacrificing an out and getting Acuna over to third they decided to go for the long ball, runner doesn’t score, we have seen it many times the last couple of seasons for the Phils. The game has change and as much as we want a new skipper the owners are not going to listen to the fans, they are going to stay the course. McFail ...wasn’t an analytic guy in Minnesota, Chicago or Baltimore. So he brings in Matt and Gabe who bullshitted Mcphail about the new wave of analytic baseball and they are stuck. Braves had a great run this year and we’re the better team, but they couldn’t generate runs in the series because they were swinging for glory. Game 4 they played for the long ball late in the game and lost, cardinals played for a run in the first inng by bunting and scored 10, old school. Maybe ownership should take a page out of the cardinals book.
    See More

14 Comments

Comment

Comments

View 2 more comments

Write a comment...

Will Tompkins

Conversation Starter · October 10 at 11:05 AM

Tell me which player’s trade return was the best and try and guess the players:
    Player 1
    Jorge Alfaro
    Alec Asher...
    Jerad Eickhoff
    Matt Harrison
    Jake Thompson
    Nick Williams
    Player 2
    Mark Appel
    Tom Eshelman
    Harold Arauz
    Brett Oberholtzer
    Vince Velasquez
    Player 3
    Zach Cates
    Anthony Rizzo
    Player 4 & 5 (2 for 2 trade)
    Jake Arrieta
    Pedro Strop
    Player 6
    Billy McKinney
    Gleyber Torres
    Adam Warren
    Do you see my point?

See More

Comment

Comments

Write a comment...

Will Tompkins

Conversation Starter · October 10 at 11:25 AM

Doubling down even further- notable teams that “won” the offseason with big free agent signings and what they did the next season
    2019- Phillies & Mets - No playoffs
    2015- Padres - 74-88
    2011 Red Sox - one of biggest chokes ever
    ...It’s simple guys, Going big in Free Agency isn’t what wins championships. Signing Rendon and Cole wouldn’t be enough to put this team over the top.
    DEVELOP PLAYERS

See More

1 Comment

Comment

Comments

Write a comment...

Marc Leventhal

Conversation Starter · October 10 at 1:39 PM

Hey guys we can discuss the general manager and the president on another day but today is a celebration because dingdong the witch is dead. Let’s be happy that the correct decision was made because Gabe Kapler was an absolute disgrace as a manager

Comment

Comments

Write a comment...

Chad Gates shared a link.

Conversation Starter · 1 hr

Good Luck Gabe

About this website

si.com

Report: Gabe Kapler to interview for Giants' manager job

6 Comments

Comment

Comments

View 3 more comments
    • Dennis Orlandini
      Dennis Orlandini If Kapler gets the gig in San Fransisco he's going to find that replacing a legendary manager who had more than 2,000 wins in his career (Bruce Bochy) will be a lot more difficult than managing in Philadelphia ever was.

Edit or delete this
      Write a reply...
    • Derek Seiler
      Derek Seiler I hope he gets it and shows everyone in Philly that he wasnt as bad as they all think

Hide or report this

Write a comment...

John Segrave-Daly

Visual Storyteller · October 10 at 11:05 AM

PHILLIES' ALSO ANNOUNCE IMMEDIATE REMOVAL OF THIS ITEM FROM ALL REFRESHMENT STANDS... LOL

Image may contain: drink

1 Comment

Comment

Comments

Write a comment...

Older Posts
    Facebook © 2019

Actually, the title for Post #1 of this thread should be Predictions for the Phillies Wall Of Fame for more than the next 35 years (not 55 years which is the erroneous typo that got recorded as the title of this topic).
    Last edited by 1954 Phils; 10-13-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X