Why O Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why O Why?

I know, we all realize we're stupider than Phillies management, but answer me this Popeye, aside from our weak rotation, mediocre bullpen, antique closer, horrible catcher, pitiful 3B and moribund manager, what would you consider our next weakest area to be?

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, give that man a cigar soaked in, er, but I digress.... How about the bench? How about a bopper off the bench? How about one Erubiel Durazo?

Erubiel Durazo: Hooks Up with Rangers

Tell me this guy wasn't worth a looksee to back up Howard, come off the bench and provide some punch?

Androctus will say looking it over this morning he thought the bench does look weak. Were looking at no less than 4 carreer .240 hitters in the infield( Kata, Nunez, Perez, Gonzalez) and a Mendoza hitting catcher whos caught exactly 318 games in a 10 year big league career. One thing Androctus would want to see the Phils do is just cut Fasano outright and go with the Ruiz as backup catcher. Right now he's the defacto catcher in 2007 anyway, unless the Phils do something stupid like resign Leiby. Might as well get him up and playing. Androctus dislikes the controversy at catcher, because he suspects that even if Ruiz hits .897 in spring training with 27 grand slams, the Phils will go with the veteran glove anyway. And Androctus says we already have a good .240 hitting infielder. Don't need any more. Nunez, looking for a starting job at age 30, aint exactly lighting the world on fire, probably won't oust Bell at third and Androctus says that says alot about how sorry the bench could be this year.

Androctus says the only plus in the bunch is Victorino, and thats only because Androc don't know much about Kroeger, he being an outsider.
    Last edited by Androctus; 03-02-2006, 05:51 AM.
    I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

Ed Hardiman agrees with Androctus.
      We need Fasano like we need a 3rd nostril to pick.

Ed Hardiman thinks Kat-ez3 and Dave Smell are the steaming corn-filled remnants left by the four horsemen of the baseball apocolypse.

I was just saying to Ed Hardiman the other day:
      "Ed the only thing Spring Training will accomplish is pop the off-season boil of dread and cover us all with the chunky pus of mediocrity."

What does Ed Hardiman think of benching Ruiz for the ham handed, no stick Fasano?

First-most Fasano's spent ten years in baseball and only caught 31 more games a year on the average than Ed Hardiman only because Ed Hardiman pulled a groin muscle playing competitive chess ending a promising career too early according to Chess Chat Magazine (May 23, 1977 Issue #326, pg. 47.) not to mention Ed Hardiman was also rated the 150,456,784th catcher in Baseball America's prospects issue for 1977 which put him well ahead of Sal Fasano (#150,456,793).
      Damn that pawn!

Second-most, Ed Hardiman can sum it up in just two words:
      Utley.

That's what Ed Hardiman told me though not in so many words.
      The Phillies Barstool Lives!

Comment

Originally posted by ed hardiman
        Ed Hardiman agrees with Androctus.
        We need Fasano like we need a 3rd nostril to pick.

Ed Hardiman thinks Kat-ez3 and Dave Smell are the steaming corn-filled remnants left by the four horsemen of the baseball apocolypse.

I was just saying to Ed Hardiman the other day:
        "Ed the only thing Spring Training will accomplish is pop the off-season boil of dread and cover us all with the chunky pus of mediocrity."

What does Ed Hardiman think of benching Ruiz for the ham handed, no stick Fasano?

First-most Fasano's spent ten years in baseball and only caught 31 more games a year on the average than Ed Hardiman only because Ed Hardiman pulled a groin muscle playing competitive chess ending a promising career too early according to Chess Chat Magazine (May 23, 1977 Issue #326, pg. 47.) not to mention Ed Hardiman was also rated the 150,456,784th catcher in Baseball America's prospects issue for 1977 which put him well ahead of Sal Fasano (#150,456,793).
        Damn that pawn!

Second-most, Ed Hardiman can sum it up in just two words:
        Utley.

That's what Ed Hardiman told me though not in so many words.
        I just said to JohnCap, "...why are Androctus and Ed Hardiman becoming so formal with themselves? Are we all losing our minds now that Fast Eddie is out to provide the Padres with some fourth rate talent?"

JohnCap didn't answer me, alas. We're not speaking.

Comment

Ed Hardiman knows johncap would never resort to referring to himself in the 3rd person unless he had suffered severe Padre-logical damage from the thought of Ed Wade scouting anything other than jobs for a parking valet.

Comment

Originally posted by ed hardiman
            Ed Hardiman knows johncap would never resort to referring to himself in the 3rd person unless he had suffered severe Padre-logical damage from the thought of Ed Wade scouting anything other than jobs for a parking valet.
            Actually Androctus, who heard it from Androctus, says that Wade is actually the mastermind behind the Danish Mohammed cartoons.
            I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Androctus
              Actually Androctus, who heard it from Androctus, says that Wade is actually the mastermind behind the Danish Mohammed cartoons.
              Ed Hardiman would like to point out to potential arson crazed religious kooks who are also rabid Phillies baseball fans Androctus lives in the 4th bldg. of the Four Corners Motor Court Apt 44a, 444 East-South 4444th street, Fourville, Fl, 44444 and not anywhere near Ed Hardiman.

Comment

wuzzun mee
                I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X