Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you're from Philadelphia when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the begining of every season is our year and at the end of the season next season is our year.

You know youre from Philly when there is a war over seas and the big story on the local news is the "Speak English" sign on Pats (I think it was Pats) Cheesesteaks.

Comment

You remember when American Bandstand was broadcast from 46th and Market.

Comment

when you think Joe Carter's middle name is a four letter word.

Welcome back ARod. Hope you are a Yankee forever.
        Phil Rizzuto-a Yankee forever.

Holy Cow

Comment

...and he shares that same middle name with Mitch Williams. :o

Comment

You know you're from philadelphia when... you and your buddies sit around on a lazy sunday claiming who sounds more like Harry Kalas when saying "Out of here!!".
            Go Phils.

Comment

When Met fans come in, thinking we hate Mitch Williams....

Williams threw a good pitch to Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Imapotato
                When Met fans come in, thinking we hate Mitch Williams....

Williams threw a good pitch to Carter
                a good bad pitch, it was down and in, carter hit a bad ballwe would'nt have been there without Mitchie Poo
                on why she had 12 kids, "i love my husband." i said "i love my cigar but i take it out sometimes"noc-noc out

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes
                  You've come to blows with people over where to eat cheesesteaks.

(I moved from Philly when I was 3....but I've actually seen this happen...weird)
                  Orioles: Once fine organization, being run into the ground by Peter Angelos.

Comment

you know your from philadelphia when you say "philly" instead of philadelphia
                    on why she had 12 kids, "i love my husband." i said "i love my cigar but i take it out sometimes"noc-noc out

Comment

erect a fake champ[rocky statue] , instead of one of many great fighters that are for real

Comment

your 21 years old and none of your home town teams have won a championship in your lifetime!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocli
                          your 21 years old and none of your home town teams have won a championship in your lifetime!!!
                          good one,

Comment

... when your city's slogan is 'philadelphia sports: there's always next year'

Comment

You believe that Mike Schmidt is the greatest third baseman of all time.
                              http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/....x=&statSet1=1

Pretty long link, but how can you debate Schmidt? I'm too young, for Mathews, but was he nearly as good defensively? I don't even include Pendleton. Gaetti and Matt Williams are # 4 & 5 on the HR list, they certainly didn't have the all around game. Brett steady hitter throughout (3000 hits), but his RBI's & R's are similar having played three extra seasons, I don't honestly know what he was like in the field. I know Brooks was the man with the glove.
                              Philadelphia Phillies Baseball: Steroid Free since '93!:grouchy

Comment

you are thrilled when Burrell, Abreu, and other "stars" get locked up for several years only to crap-out on you and you realize the guaranteed contract was the dumbest idea

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X