Another blockbuster acquisition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another blockbuster acquisition!

In a transaction that is eerily reminiscent of the Brooklyn Dodger's heist of Pee Wee Reese from the Red Sox in 1941, Pat Gillick has purchased the contract of Minnesota minor league OF Jon Knott. The 29 year old native of Manassas, VA is a career .194 hitter in parts of 3 seasons with SD and Baltimore. Can you say Braulio Castillo? Phillies fans have not been this excited about a move since Dick Davis came to town.

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post
    In a transaction that is eerily reminiscent of the Brooklyn Dodger's heist of Pee Wee Reese from the Red Sox in 1941, Pat Gillick has purchased the contract of Minnesota minor league OF Jon Knott. The 29 year old native of Manassas, VA is a career .194 hitter in parts of 3 seasons with SD and Baltimore. Can you say Braulio Castillo? Phillies fans have not been this excited about a move since Dick Davis came to town.
    That is a signature Gillick move. Just when we and the league think Pat is done dealing, he surprises you with a breathtaking move. I can hear GMs everywhere gasping, "We have to play catch up again!"
    Last edited by donzblock; 05-02-2008, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Maybe Gillick is a fan of The Andy Griffith Show, so he's trying to get players with similar names to the actors and characters.

:noidea

Comment

Originally posted by donzblock View Post
        That is a signature Gillick move. Just when we and the league think Pat is done dealing, he surprises you with a breathtaking move. I can hear GMs everywhere gasping, "We have to play catch up again!"
        They're also yelling "Damn Phillies!" First Kris Benson, Gillicks's answer to Johan Santana. Then Savior Seanez. Before I could catch my breath, Gillick gets Steve Kline! Just as my head stopped spinning, Gillick trots out Jon Knott! What else does the slick Gillick have up his sleeve? Derrick Turnbow? Brad Wilkerson? Please say it is so, Pat!

Donz, I'm sure you have reserved your seats for the playoffs with judway. I know I will be there!

Comment

Judway is keeping the faith. See you in Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by Judway View Post
            Judway is keeping the faith. See you in Oct.
            Thats alot of praying for one man. You putting together a congregation?
            I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

Gillick (Trader Pat) Never Ceases To Amaze!!!!

One more head-spinning Gillick deal for Jeltz & Company To Contemplate - lefty relief pitcher, Stephen Randolph.
              Last edited by philliesfiend55; 05-13-2008, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X