I demand a VALID explanation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I demand a VALID explanation

Why Werth is still starting in centerfield. Yeah I heard Charlie mutter the other day something like "well, mmmph.. byaa said he w-would be gettin' some more playin' time there.."

And he did. While Victorino was out. Now he's back. What's the reasoning here? When did Werth somehow become a better CF than Shane? Or was Charlie deliberately trying to inflate the team ERA and assign Lidge his first earned run the other night?:disbelief:

I get tired of seeing moves liek this based on nothing more than Charlie's dreadful intuition. Jimy Williams, if you're listening, club the big ape over the head and help out here, will ya?
    I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Don't worry, Werth will go back to the bench and Victorino will return to RF when Rowland comes back. Oh wait...

Comment

I think inadvertantly you found teh root of the problem. I bet Manuel forgot Rowand was traded...

Well he was back there last night. Its great to be a phillies phan. You hear all day long about how great Charlie is with the players, but its this type of maddening, inexplicable stupidity that makes you want to start throwing punches around.
      I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

The players love Bat because he never holds them accountable. Essentially, they can take advantage of him and Bat is too much of a nimrod to recognize this. That's why the likes of Billy Wagner were able to mouth off 3 years ago, causing clubhouse problems. Manuel never reprimanded or disciplined Wagner. Bat never chewed out Bobby Abreu when he refused to bat leadoff and displayed a "me" first attitude with his lackadasical play. When did Bat bench Burrell when he was stinking out the joint in the first half of last year? Never. Instead, Bat would be joking around with Burrell in the dugout.

I know this is beating a dead horse, but do you believe that Jim Leyland would have tolerated that crap? Leyland would have chewed Wagner a new one, gotten in Abreu's face, put him in the leadoof spot and, if Abreu didn't like it, Abreu would have ridden the pine until he shaped up or was traded. Leyland maybe could have lit a fire under Burrell 3 years ago. And, I am convinced, the Phils would have made the playoffs in 2005 & 2006 under Leyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Jeltz View Post
          Don't worry, Werth will go back to the bench and Victorino will return to RF when Rowland comes back. Oh wait...
          Werth is having himself quite a night tonight as through 6 innings of play he is 3 for 3 with 3 home runs and 8 rbi's

Going for the cycle of home runs
          "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
          ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Charlie's Follies

Way to go fellas. The PhilliesWitnessEggOnFaceProtectionProgram is meeting at Chuck's Alibi this Tuesday at 8:30. John Felske is waiting for ya at his MySpace site.
            Whitey Ashburn's free plug on radio when he was hungry...." Happy birthday to the Celebrese twins....Plain and Pepperoni. "

Comment

Werth probably had a corked bat or one of those special order Graig Nettles funball bats tonight.

Comment

There was a bat burning after the game last night and Werth was seen contributing some lumber to the conflagration. That probably means there will be fewer than three homeruns tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by rich View Post
                  Way to go fellas. The PhilliesWitnessEggOnFaceProtectionProgram is meeting at Chuck's Alibi this Tuesday at 8:30. John Felske is waiting for ya at his MySpace site.
                  Not sure what inference you want to make with that steaming pile of sarcasm. Three things pop to mind:

1) Werth, by hitting three home runs in a game, suddenly makes him a better defensive centerfielder than Victorino.

or

2) Werth, if he were playing in right, could not have hit three home runs in a game.

or

3) Werth, by hitting three home runs in one game and playing in centerfield, makes Charlie Manuel a genius.
                  I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X