Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World series or bust

Go phillies

First obstacle in our path is the Milwaukee Brewers. They clinched the WC when they beat the Cubs 3-1, and the Mets lost to the Marlins 4-2 (:choke.

Sabathia pitched a complete game today on 3 days rest, and threw 121 pitches, for the Brewers which is great for us. Definitely means he's not available probably till at least game two, maybe game three. We will have Hamels available for games one and three, plus a BP that will be fresh. I refuse to make predictions, but we have a huge advantage going into this series that we didn't have last year against the Rockies.

One game at a time boys.

LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!
    Let's go Phillies!!

Comment

Originally posted by luvJRoll View Post
      First obstacle in our path is the Milwaukee Brewers. They clinched the WC when they beat the Cubs 3-1, and the Mets lost to the Marlins 4-2 (:choke.

Sabathia pitched a complete game today on 3 days rest, and threw 121 pitches, for the Brewers which is great for us. Definitely means he's not available probably till at least game two, maybe game three. We will have Hamels available for games one and three, plus a BP that will be fresh. I refuse to make predictions, but we have a huge advantage going into this series that we didn't have last year against the Rockies.

One game at a time boys.

LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!
      Exactly right. I think I enjoyed the Marlins win over the Mets on Sunday just as much as the Phils win on Saturday. Wes Helms helped the Phils more with that one HR as a Fish than he ever did wearing the red pin stripes.
      sigpic"I'm flattered that so many baseball people think I'm a Hall of Famer. But what's hard to believe is how one-hundred and fifty plus people have changed their minds about me since I became eligible, because I haven't had a base hit since then." - Richie Ashburn

Comment

Originally posted by F1ghtinPhils View Post
        Exactly right. I think I enjoyed the Marlins win over the Mets on Sunday just as much as the Phils win on Saturday. Wes Helms helped the Phils more with that one HR as a Fish than he ever did wearing the red pin stripes.
        So you are saying you would have rather played the Brew Crew over the Mets. Thats interesting because even with Sheets out and CC unav til at least game 2, i think the Brew Crew is the more dangerous team. I like the Phils chances for the reasons stated above, but if CC can pitch games 2 and possibly 5, and Milw has Gallardo back.... thats interesting indeed.

G Man

Comment

We've really just got to hope that the bats come alive this postseason unlike last year. Hopefully, Hamels, Myers and Moyer can be super effective as they were for this last stretch (save for Myers previous 2 starts.)

The Phils have had trouble with the Brewers in the past, however they truly showed they can beat them when they need to with that 4 game sweep to put them in the wild card lead.
          "Chicks love me."
          -Pat Burrell

Comment

The Helms Factor

Originally posted by F1ghtinPhils View Post
            Wes Helms helped the Phils more with that one HR as a Fish than he ever did wearing the red pin stripes.
            When you sign a player for two years and then give him away for practically nothing as the second year of his contract is about to begin, as the Phillies did with Helms, then you can see in what low esteem the team held the player.
            Helms was a highly unlikely player as far as determining the outcome of the season and in deciding which team will advance to the postseason and which team won't. It's and improbable script, but a true one.

Comment

Originally posted by gman5431 View Post
              So you are saying you would have rather played the Brew Crew over the Mets. Thats interesting because even with Sheets out and CC unav til at least game 2, i think the Brew Crew is the more dangerous team. I like the Phils chances for the reasons stated above, but if CC can pitch games 2 and possibly 5, and Milw has Gallardo back.... thats interesting indeed.

G Man
              Only way the Phils would have played the Mets is if both had won their opening round series. If the Mets had won the WC they would have played Chicago, and the Phillies would have played the Dodger's in the NLDS.
              Let's go Phillies!!

Comment

Originally posted by luvJRoll View Post
                Only way the Phils would have played the Mets is if both had won their opening round series. If the Mets had won the WC they would have played Chicago, and the Phillies would have played the Dodger's in the NLDS.
                You are right. I think the Dodgers would have been a better match up then Milw. I think Milw is dangerous. Cant wait to see the series begin!

G Rizzle

Comment

You are right. I think the Dodgers would have been a better match up then Milw. I think Milw is dangerous. Cant wait to see the series begin!

G Rizzle
                  I'm on the opposite end of this one. I think we got a way better chance against Milwaukee. The playoffs are all about pitching, and other than Sabathia there's no-one on the Brewer staff that scares me. OTOH, the Dodger's starters tend to be sinkerball pitchers, and for a HR hitting team that's absolute poison.

LET'S GO PHILLIES!!
                  Let's go Phillies!!

Comment

G Rizzle
                    The Dodgers are going to be tough. Ask the Cubs. everyone will be tough. The need to be a their very best and then some to go all the way. We got some breaks in the first game. Let's hope for the best!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X