Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 NLDS Phillies vs. Brewers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2008 NLDS Phillies vs. Brewers

    Phillies win game one 3-1. Hamels pitched an absolute beauty today, as he goes 8 scoreless innings, walking one, striking out 9 and giving up only 2 hits. Brad Lidge got another nail biter save today, as he gave up a couple of hits, one run and had runners on second and third before striking out Corey Hart to end the game. This is the Phillies first post season win since 1993. A huge win it is too, as the Brewers will have CC Sabathia pitching for them tomorrow.

    Tomorrow's starters are: Brett Myers and CC Sabathia.


    LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!
    Let's go Phillies!!

  • #2
    We got three gift runs for the win. We'll take it. Hamels was dominant. I would not have used Lidge in the ninth. It wasn't necessary. The less the Brewers see of him, the more effective he will be in a tight situation. His last handful of saves have been very shaky.

    Let's go Fightins !!!!!!!!
    sigpic"I'm flattered that so many baseball people think I'm a Hall of Famer. But what's hard to believe is how one-hundred and fifty plus people have changed their minds about me since I became eligible, because I haven't had a base hit since then." - Richie Ashburn

    Comment


    • #3
      How many pitches had Hamels thrown? He was on fire and i also, would have stayed with him. Lidge is a great option and has been great this year (a little less so lately) but i never agree when a starter who is obviously dominating is pulled. Love playoff baseball, Milw makes two misques and Phils capitalize and make it stand up for the W. Good luck against CC, he is a horse.

      G Man

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gman5431 View Post
        How many pitches had Hamels thrown? He was on fire and i also, would have stayed with him. Lidge is a great option and has been great this year (a little less so lately) but i never agree when a starter who is obviously dominating is pulled. Love playoff baseball, Milw makes two misques and Phils capitalize and make it stand up for the W. Good luck against CC, he is a horse. G Man
        I think Hamels was just over the stupid magic number of 100. Pitch counts have changed this game so much, and I don't like it.
        sigpic"I'm flattered that so many baseball people think I'm a Hall of Famer. But what's hard to believe is how one-hundred and fifty plus people have changed their minds about me since I became eligible, because I haven't had a base hit since then." - Richie Ashburn

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by F1ghtinPhils View Post
          I think Hamels was just over the stupid magic number of 100. Pitch counts have changed this game so much, and I don't like it.
          Pitch counts, the DH and artificial turf, three things I can't stand. I agree, the bench mark should be if a pitcher is still pitching effectively. If he is, leave him in, if not pull him.

          BTW the Phils chased Sabathia after 4 2/3, and lead 5-1 on Shane Victorino's grand slam. Myers is looking like the August Myers, and not like the late September, April, May, June Myers.
          Let's go Phillies!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Brett Myers looks great, going 7 complete tonight, giving up two runs. The Cardiac Kid, Brad Lidge, has a much easier outing tonight, going three up three down, and gets his second save in two games, as the Phillies win game 2, 5-2.

            Phillies lead the series 2-0 as we head to Milwaukee.

            Saturday's probables are: Jamie Moyer for the Phils, and Dave Bush for Milwaukee.
            Let's go Phillies!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by luvJRoll View Post
              BTW the Phils chased Sabathia after 4 2/3, and lead 5-1 on Shane Victorino's grand slam. Myers is looking like the August Myers, and not like the late September, April, May, June Myers.
              Actually I believe CC lasted only 3.2 innings tonight, didn't he? Great pitching by the Phils and the Crew have been held to only 7 hits in 18 innings. Congrats to Shane for hitting the first ever post season Grand Salami for the Fightins !!!!!!!
              sigpic"I'm flattered that so many baseball people think I'm a Hall of Famer. But what's hard to believe is how one-hundred and fifty plus people have changed their minds about me since I became eligible, because I haven't had a base hit since then." - Richie Ashburn

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by F1ghtinPhils View Post
                Actually I believe CC lasted only 3.2 innings tonight, didn't he? Great pitching by the Phils and the Crew have been held to only 7 hits in 18 innings. Congrats to Shane for hitting the first ever post season Grand Salami for the Fightins !!!!!!!
                I thought Sabathia made it to the fifth inning before being pulled, but you are right. He was pulled in the fourth.
                Let's go Phillies!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by luvJRoll View Post
                  Pitch counts, the DH and artificial turf, three things I can't stand. I agree, the bench mark should be if a pitcher is still pitching effectively. If he is, leave him in, if not pull him.

                  BTW the Phils chased Sabathia after 4 2/3, and lead 5-1 on Shane Victorino's grand slam. Myers is looking like the August Myers, and not like the late September, April, May, June Myers.
                  Couldnt agree more. Wish they would have let Hamels finish what he started, he deserved it and the Brewers wouldnt have touched him for 30 innings. They really got CC with the Salami by Victorino. Big time. Dont count your chickens before they are hatched though. Milw has heart and they are headed home.....

                  G Man

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Easily the worst game the Phillies have played in a long while. No intensity, and no emotion all game. The Brewers got a great start out of David Bush, and rode it to a 4-1 victory. What's really concerning is that in the 25 innings the Phillies have been at bat, they've scored runs in 3. That's pretty pathetic. They got the lead off runner on base in at least 6 innings tonight, and only cashed in one run. The first three hitters reached on singles in the ninth, and then Feliz swings on the first pitch and hits into an around the horn DP. Victorino got called for interference when he ran into Counsell at second (why he didn't slide is a mystery only Shane can solve), and the run came off the board. We got to get our bats figured out and quick or this series could get ugly. Moyer started off very shaky tonight, but settled down and pitched a fairly effective 4 1/3 innings. The BP was shaky too, but only gave up 2 runs over the remainder of the game. On the bright side, Madson had a perfect eighth, and looks to be back to where he was earlier in the year.

                    Game four goes tomorrow. Not sure who the starters are. Prior to the series Manuel said he wasn't sure if he would go with Blanton in a game four or Hamels on short rest. I'm guessing he will go with Blanton, and save Hamels for a possible game five. No idea who the Milwaukee starter may be.

                    LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!
                    Let's go Phillies!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah, the Phils post season offense is pretty much MIA for the second year in a row. Even if we get past the Crew, this kind of offense ain't gonna get it done. I was hoping winning that first game would loosen everybody up and make them forget all about last year.

                      The Crew had a lot of chances to blow tonights game wide open. The Phils were lucky to even keep it close and have a chance there at the end.

                      Come on Boys. Let's wrap this thing up tomorrow afternoon !!!!!!

                      LET'S GO PHILS !!!!!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic"I'm flattered that so many baseball people think I'm a Hall of Famer. But what's hard to believe is how one-hundred and fifty plus people have changed their minds about me since I became eligible, because I haven't had a base hit since then." - Richie Ashburn

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Totally different Phillies team today, as they crush the Brewers 6-2 to advance to the NLCS. Great start for Blanton as he goes six complete giving up only one run. Madson pitched two solid innings giving up one run, and Brad Lidge finished it off in a non save situation, giving up only one hit, and no runs. Plus we actually scored runs in three innings today. Just a great gutsy performance today, and really bodes well for the NLCS. Plus we get home field advantage.

                        LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!!
                        Let's go Phillies!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by luvJRoll View Post
                          Totally different Phillies team today, as they crush the Brewers 6-2 to advance to the NLCS. Great start for Blanton as he goes six complete giving up only one run. Madson pitched two solid innings giving up one run, and Brad Lidge finished it off in a non save situation, giving up only one hit, and no runs. Plus we actually scored runs in three innings today. Just a great gutsy performance today, and really bodes well for the NLCS. Plus we get home field advantage.

                          LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!!
                          Yeah, Phillies fans have to be excited. They won this series without hitting much. They won game 4 which allows them to save Hamels for the first game of the NLCS and he has looked amazing. The Big Man is going to hit, Pat the Bat won game 4 with two shots, even Blanton helped out. J Roll is looking good. I like their chances and they even have home field. This is great.

                          G Man

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X