Post Season Awards to Ponder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Season Awards to Ponder

Hmmm, seems we're becoming the home of the NL MVP trophy. What awards will Phils garber this year?

My opinion is Howard is a lock for MVP, Rollins should be a lock for Gold Glove and I'm not sure Lidge shouldn't get the Cy Young!

Does Charlie get MOY or does that go to, hell, not Torre, not Yost, Pinella? No, man, I can't believe it but it's probably got to be that Chuck Manuel!

The Phillies are going to be thrilled when Howard walks into contract negotiations with his 2nd pc. of hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Met View Post
      The Phillies are going to be thrilled when Howard walks into contract negotiations with his 2nd pc. of hardware.
      Oh yea, I can hear it now, well Mr Howard, we realize you have two MVPs and Rookie of the Year in your first four years, and we realize you have more homers in fewer games than anyone in history, and we know you led the majors in homers and RBIs again, but you know, you're not real good on that throw to second and you do strike out alot, so we think you'd be very well to accept our offer of, um, how much are they paying Placido Polanco in Detroit?

Comment

There's only one award that we all REALLY want.

Comment

Originally posted by johncap View Post
          Hmmm, seems we're becoming the home of the NL MVP trophy. What awards will Phils garber this year?

My opinion is Howard is a lock for MVP, Rollins should be a lock for Gold Glove and I'm not sure Lidge shouldn't get the Cy Young!

Does Charlie get MOY or does that go to, hell, not Torre, not Yost, Pinella? No, man, I can't believe it but it's probably got to be that Chuck Manuel!
          Charlie hasn't gotten an award, and this may be his time. Howard, with the RBI and HR titles and playing for a division champion, has a case a lot of the voters will buy. But with a .251 average and having won it last year, I can't see him as a "lock" to take it again. If there were another full season in the league type top hitter for a playoff team candidate, Howard would probably miss out. There doesn't seem to be one, so he's got a good chance. Lidge could get some relieving awards, but I doubt he'll get the Cy Young. Charlie and Howard are likely to get a lot of votes, and many voters will try to favor another team with a vote in Cy Young. That, plus the general distaste for closers for the Cy Young will likely keep him from that award.
          Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
          Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
          A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by PlayJay View Post
            There's only one award that we all REALLY want.
            Well, as a typical Phillies' fan growing up here in the early '60s, we dared not dream of anything beyond getting to .500! I still dare not. My son dares not.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X