Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies sign Ibanez

Originally posted by jalbright View Post
    Please don't repeat the mistake in this forum, or it's likely I will use my moderator's powers to make you regret doing so.
    Unnecessary. Out of line. Abuse of power. Making threats is not the way to go. Jokes aren't flame attacks.
    Lighten up Jim.
    Last edited by mrakbaseball; 12-22-2008, 03:56 AM.

So much wrong with this signing in my eyes.
    "Chicks love me."
    -Pat Burrell

Comment

Don't worry, Ibanez is actually a pretty good outfielder. His range isn't the greatest, but with Victorino out there already, this might be a good fit. Ibanez has excellent D within his range and is an extremely hard worker and a great person to have on your team. He'll do anything to get the ball in his glove. This isn't a bad move for you guys and is probably an upgrade from Burrell.

Comment

I don't know much about him but I read some quotes that said he is a worse fielder then Pat..... but hey ..... at least he's got a good arm.

Poor guy, didn't even put on a Philly jersey yet and I'm already ripping him. Dang Philly fans will never change.

sigpic"I'm flattered that so many baseball people think I'm a Hall of Famer. But what's hard to believe is how one-hundred and fifty plus people have changed their minds about me since I became eligible, because I haven't had a base hit since then." - Richie Ashburn

Comment

I'm not a Phillies' fan, but I was a little suprised by this signing. Does it bother anyone that he is getting a 3 year deal when he is turning 37 in June? What if he's the next Sheffield?

Comment

When you actually see him play in the Stadium, you realize that he's a much better fielder than you think. Sure he makes that throw at the ground, but we've also seen him snap possible homeruns in ways that you just don't expect guys in their mid 30s to do.

Comment

I was baffled they wouldn't give a 32 year old Burrell 3/36 but they give 37 year old Ibanez 3/30. Sure, Ibanez has a higher BA, but that stat is rather flawed IMO. Pat's power numbers and OBP make me happy. His 86 RBIs behind Utleys 100+ and Howard's 140+ were also clutch. WHY RAUL?
              "Chicks love me."
              -Pat Burrell

Comment

Don't know, but in Seattle he was one player(as far as I know) that everyone liked, Burrel may just want to move on. Ibanez for his age preforms well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeginningWasTheEnd View Post
                  Don't know, but in Seattle he was one player(as far as I know) that everyone liked, Burrel may just want to move on. Ibanez for his age preforms well.
                  For his age, yes he does perform well. But I'm not exactly sure what the Phillies expect to get over the next 3 years from a guy that turns 37 next year that they didn't feel they were getting from a 32 year old Burrell. Burrell may have worn out his welcome, but this could come back to haunt the Phillies.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
                    Don't worry, Ibanez is actually a pretty good outfielder. His range isn't the greatest, but with Victorino out there already, this might be a good fit. Ibanez has excellent D within his range and is an extremely hard worker and a great person to have on your team. He'll do anything to get the ball in his glove. This isn't a bad move for you guys and is probably an upgrade from Burrell.
                    Ibanez is one of two LF'ers that have been worse than Burrell since 2006 - Manny Ramirez is the other.

Comment

Originally posted by F1ghtinPhils View Post
                      Poor guy, didn't even put on a Philly jersey yet and I'm already ripping him. Dang Philly fans will never change.
                      Well thats easy to understand, I mean, what has he done for you lately?

Comment

Why didn't you guys just get Abreau back?

Comment

You dump Burrell to bring in Ibanez?? Is there a shortage of LH batters in the Phillies line-up?? I guess Burrell must have worn out his welcome in the City of Brotherly Love.
                          Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

I did not bring in Raul, I dont like 37 year old worse fielders and unnecessary extra lefties in my lineup over my favorite player (in case you didn't gather that from the name.)
                            "Chicks love me."
                            -Pat Burrell

Comment

Originally posted by Domenic View Post
                              Ibanez is one of two LF'ers that have been worse than Burrell since 2006 - Manny Ramirez is the other.
                              In what way? In the .gif file department? Ibanez had a better fielding percentage than Burrel last year. You could dig up clips on any player making a mistake, and the 2nd clip isn't completely damning. Looks like a good effort that didn't pan out.

Ibanez is known for his hard work in keeping himself in shape and being a good leader. It is said that Ichiro alone in the league works harder throughout the year. Ibanez is also pretty clutch having 100+ rbi's over the past 3 seasons, and considering how crappy the m's were last season, he was the only reason I was tuning in towards the end of the year. His bat was unbelievabley hot toward the end of the year last season.

Ibanez was well liked in Seattle, I'm just trying to give you some positive aspects about the player your team just signed, but realize that it'll probably all fall on deaf ears as I'm trying to communicate with Philly fans. Oh well.

Btw, I love Hernandez's facial expressions. He's awesome to watch out there on the mound. The clips DID make me lol. Haha!
                              Last edited by Trickyhop; 12-16-2008, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X