Phillies sign Ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An attitude re-adjustment is in order.
    Last edited by mrakbaseball; 12-22-2008, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrakbaseball View Post
      I question anyone who says he's a leader.
      What's to question? His work, dedication, and attitude speak for themselves. He was a leader on the field. Period.

Comment

Ibanez has no range, he should be a DH at this stage of his career. I wish him well with the Phillies. I question anyone who says he's a leader. The Mariners clubhouse was in complete turmoil last year. When Ibanez returned to Seattle, Gillick had just left his post as GM. In 5 years, the Mariners finished last 4 times with Ibanez and post-Gillick. Phillies fans better hope that trend doesn't continue.
        Post Gillick we had Bill Bavasi who wasted money, made horrible trades, and no way that Ibanez can be blamed for the Mariners losing ways. Plus why the heck would Ibanez need to lead the Phillies, they have plenty of leaders anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyhop View Post
          Ibanez was well liked in Seattle, I'm just trying to give you some positive aspects about the player your team just signed, but realize that it'll probably all fall on deaf ears as I'm trying to communicate with Philly fans. Oh well.
          I like the classy shot at Philly fans. For every reason you think Ibanez is a better signing than maintaining Burrell, I can give you an equally bad if not worse reason.
          Last edited by jalbright; 12-17-2008, 01:38 PM. Reason: fixed quote
          "Chicks love me."
          -Pat Burrell

Comment

Ask the moderator.
            Last edited by mrakbaseball; 12-22-2008, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I don't question Ibanez's dedication. He wasn't a leader in the sense that neither Ibanez nor anyone else spoke up to placate the volatile, divisive Seattle clubhouse. "Lead by example" only goes so far.
              Ah. Gotcha. But of course most of the divisive rumours were centered around Ichiro. Putz did speak out on the situation. The other divisiveness was never really made public, so the fact that noone spoke publicly on it is probably a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PatTheBat5 View Post
                I like the classy shot at Philly fans. For every reason you think Ibanez is a better signing than maintaining Burrell, I can give you an equally bad if not worse reason.

Stay classy, Philadelphia. I didn't have a very good experience visitng Philly, sorry if my opinion was too generalized and biased. It's just a joke anyways.

I never really meant to say definitively that Ibanez is a better signing than Burrell, but I think he'll really help you guys out next season during the stretch towards the playoffs. His bat seems to really come alive around Aug.-Sept. Fun to watch.
                Last edited by Trickyhop; 12-18-2008, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Stay classy, Philadelphia. I didn't have a very good experience visitng Philly, sorry if my opinion was too generalized and biased. It's just a joke anyways.
                  I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but joke or not, insulting the fans of the forum you're visiting is at best poor form, at worst, flaming. Either is undesirable. Please don't repeat the mistake in this forum, or it is likely I will use my moderator's powers to make you regret doing so.
                  Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
                  Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
                  A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by jalbright View Post
                    I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but joke or not, insulting the fans of the forum you're visiting is at best poor form, at worst, flaming. Either is undesirable. Please don't repeat the mistake in this forum, or it is likely I will use my moderator's powers to make you regret doing so.
                    Definitely not meant as an insult or flame, as stated, it was more of a joke. More or less I was just outlining what I was observing within the context of the thread but realize Phillies fans have every right to be skeptical. Sorry if the statement offended anyone, I probably came off stronger than intended. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Trickyhop; 12-23-2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Definitely not meant as an insult or flame, as stated, it was more of a joke. More or less I was just outlining what I was observing within the context of the thread but realize Phillies fans have every right to be skeptical. Sorry if the statement offended anyone, I probably came off stronger than intended. Thanks.
                      Fair enough. I'm willing to leave it at that, provided the mistake isn't repeated any time soon in this forum. So long as it isn't, there will be no problems.
                      Seen on a bumper sticker: If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
                      Some minds are like concrete--thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
                      A Lincoln: I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by PatTheBat5 View Post
                        For every reason you think Ibanez is a better signing than maintaining Burrell, I can give you an equally bad if not worse reason.

I just watched the highlight reels of tonights game and thought of this thread. Wondering if you feel the same way?

Comment

I have NO issues with Raul Ibanez. He's been a marvelous addition to the lineup.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X