Where will the Phils Finish in '06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will the Phils Finish in '06?

Okay, here's your annual chance to show us your crystal ball's stance on the season.
    They still suck, last.
    0.00%
    They're WORSE than that- 6th!
    3.85%
    They're not the worst team in the division, 4th
    7.69%
    They're mediocre at best, 3rd.
    46.15%
    They'll tease us and leave us gasping, again- 2nd and no wild card
    30.77%
    They'll win the division, maybe because the other teams suck worse, but they'll win the division
    3.85%
    They'll not only win the division, but they'll go DEEP into the playoffs
    7.69%

3rd

When they face a lefty, they will be shut down

Comment

I see this team finally sneaking in as a WC.I think it will be a tight WC race with the Mets here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisox73
        I see this team finally sneaking in as a WC.I think it will be a tight WC race with the Mets here.
        i agree with this completely
        "I had a good look at the first pitch I ever saw from Drysdale. If I had not ducked, it would have hit my right between the eyes."

Comment

I'm extremely satisfied with the way the starting rotation worked out. Not only did we get Madsen in there, we get Floyd as well and escaped Franklin entirely, barring injury. I'm upgrading my prognosis from a third place finish to a scrape-by at second, but I wouldn't bet on any wild card, my guess is that will come from the central division again.
          I AM ROSTERDAMUS!!!

Comment

Unfortunately, I see it this way: Lots of solo home runs by the offense and the pitching giving up one or two runs too many on a regular basis.
            Nobody is left who gets on base consistently besides Abreu and occasionally, but not normally, Rollins. Lofton was great last year. Polanco was good at making consistent contact. Even Michaels had a nice OBP. (.399?).
            Lots of whiffs on the way.
            Lieber and Myers are the two starters I can rely upon. Lidle is very spotty. What are the realistic expectations for the rest?
            Who's the relief staff after the antiques, Gordon and Rhodes? The joy of Cormier!!! Geary? Ugh.
            Sorry for the rant, but I never miss a game, and I get to a number of their AAA games every year. I would like to be underestimating them, but it hasn't happened for a while.
            I love 'em, and I'll be there for every pitch.

Comment

I see them winning the division with around 93 wins. I think their offense is being underrated way too much. I think their starters will get the job done, too.

Comment

The Phills whil not win because of NY but will not be 3rd because , with the Loss of Furcal , the Braves will Finish 3rd and that leaves an opening for the Phillies where they can slide in . With the Recent Addition of Dellucci , the Phils Have good infield depht and Should be solid out there . At first , they have 2005 rookie of the year , Ryan Howard who should hit a least 30 HRs this year . Their only problem is at 3rd with the Injury prone David Bell . I personally think that they will use Abreu or Burrell as trade bait for a better 3rd Basemen that Bell since they know have Dllucci who could start if there would be an opening .

Comment

True Papi that the Braves lost Furcal but they replaced with a just as good offensive player ( Renteria). Besides that tiny loss wontmake them move down all the way to 3rd place.
                  Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by HankAaron86
                    True Papi that the Braves lost Furcal but they replaced with a just as good offensive player ( Renteria). Besides that tiny loss wontmake them move down all the way to 3rd place.
                    Just look at them fall anyways , this is my opinion .

Comment

Nah, 15 consecutive titles is nothing ( nobody's done it but so what ).
                      Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

All-Time Worst Manager

This a late response to this question but, it's the same answer as last year. I believe this team should take the division or at least, the wildcard. However, one problem: Charlie Manual. Its my understanding that Jim Thome influenced Manual's hiring. I wonder what made Thome qualified to make that recomendation? Really, Manual was given an outstanding Cleveland Indians team which underperformed in historial fashion under his guidance.

Look what happened to the Tigers when they got a real manager. Is there anyone who thinks the Philles wouldn't be the talk of baseball if Leyland went to PA?
                        In the 1920's, Harry Heilmann led the AL with a .364 average. In addition, he averaged 220 hits, 45 doubles, 12 triples, 16 homers, 110 runs, and 130 RBI.

Comment

I think they'll finish second but not leaving us gasping what so ever, I think they'll just be the best out of the other bad teams in the nl east, although right now the marlins could be in second at years end, so i went with third.

Comment

Originally posted by HDH
                            Look what happened to the Tigers when they got a real manager. Is there anyone who thinks the Philles wouldn't be the talk of baseball if Leyland went to PA?
                            Ed Wade, and now presumably Pat Gillick. The fans screamed to hire Leyland, but as soon as he told the press the team needed changes, he sealed his doom.

The Phillies are 22-38 if you remove the 13-1 stretch. What does this tell you?

Comment

Phils finish 2nd, way ahead of 3rd, way behind 1st (Mets)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X